I Come in Peace

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Every pundit out there had Nevada beating us. It literally was the most popular upset pick with all the idiots (SDavis, CKellog, et al).

But I think the thrashing we delivered to UCLA in the 2000 Reg Semi was even more satisfying.

Vitale would literally not shut up about how Steve Lavin and them were going to the Final 4, yada, yada, yada.

Final score? 80-56 good guys. And we ran them up and down the court all freaking game which was supposed to play to UCLA's strengths.

I loved watching that. Tinsley was phenomenal that game.

I’ve never seen more irrational homerusn from 100% of the media as ISU playing UCLA that year. ISU was white hot, absolutely no reason to pick anybody but a 1 seed to beat them and really significantly better that 3 of the one seeds.

It was a 10 times out of 10 type of outcome.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Was curious so I looked it up. All 4 of their stars in Cody and Caleb Martin, Jordan Caroline, and Cameron Oliver, are all overseas or in the G League
Cody Martin got some good run with the Hornets the last few years. Caleb Martin has been one of the first off the bench for the Heat most of the season

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Cody Martin got some good run with the Hornets the last few years. Caleb Martin has been one of the first off the bench for the Heat most of the season

How does someone miss two guys playing 50-70 games in the NBA the last 3 or 4 years?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Every pundit out there had Nevada beating us. It literally was the most popular upset pick with all the idiots (SDavis, CKellog, et al).

But I think the thrashing we delivered to UCLA in the 2000 Reg Semi was even more satisfying.

Vitale would literally not shut up about how Steve Lavin and them were going to the Final 4, yada, yada, yada.

Final score? 80-56 good guys. And we ran them up and down the court all freaking game which was supposed to play to UCLA's strengths.

I haven't been able to find it but there was a newspaper headline about that game that I thought was absolutely fire. The UCLA team was thought to very athletic. They would run the floor and lob over people for slams. Everyone thought ISU wouldn't be able to keep up. ISU defended their athleticism and they had nothing else to fall back on. The newspaper headline was something like: UCLA Flying Circus Just a Bunch of Clowns.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

I'll say. He came up just a rebound short of a triple double - 14-11-9.

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
*visitor says an underhanded compliment about ISU*
*CF faithful jump all over them*
*visitor gets defensive*

SportsMan9000

Mar 15, 2021
I guarantee Opposing Fan X will at some point say "The Big12 is an incredibly tough conference...but..."
I read on a Pittsburgh post they were like how do we have the same record as iowa state, and tried to justify wins against Virginia Miami unc and Syracuse are on par with kstate, Kansas, baylor, and TCU

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I haven't been able to find it but there was a newspaper headline about that game that I thought was absolutely fire. The UCLA team was thought to very athletic. They would run the floor and lob over people for slams. Everyone thought ISU wouldn't be able to keep up. ISU defended their athleticism and they had nothing else to fall back on. The newspaper headline was something like: UCLA Flying Circus Just a Bunch of Clowns.

They got like 2 lobs in maybe all game and really didn't know what to do when it got shut down.

Fizer intercepted a couple.

Probably my favorite ISU game ever.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
I read on a Pittsburgh post they were like how do we have the same record as iowa state, and tried to justify wins against Virginia Miami unc and Syracuse are on par with kstate, Kansas, baylor, and TCU
I posted on the Pitt Rivals board responding to a question a guy had about how they had the better record and we are a 6 and them an 11...

I said, "wins over Kansas, Texas, Baylor (three times), Kansas State and TCU didn't hurt."

INSTA BAN... lol. I got banned after my one and only post.