I Come in Peace

gipper2001

Aug 28, 2013
Phoenix
I seem to recall some Notre Dame fans who thought they were well prepared for Hoiball because they had played a game against De Paul.
That was the first time my alma mater (ND) played my parents' (Iowa State) in any sport. I watched at least 20 games of both teams that year and knew Notre Dame was screwed. Same way I knew Iowa State football was doomed in the Camping World Bowl about 6 years later. Neither experience was very fun.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Call and raise a Skoglund.
FqyC6HQWwAAxiVX.jpg:large
That’s an incredibly clear photo.

jaj040

Nut Cup Wearer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 21, 2015
I had a look at our potential opponents forums and I don't think there are enough to make their way over here. I assume they are on Twitter or some discord thing that I'm too much of a boomer to understand.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Hi Everyone! I'm a Pitt/Miss St fan and wanted to come here and talk about our upcoming matchup. Our fan base is really excited to be in the tournament and think we can go very far this year. Our coach Chris Jans/Jeff Capel has done an incredible job with the team this year and have installed an offense/defense that most teams are not used to facing.

We also have (insert player X name here) who is one of the most dominant matchup problems in the (insert conference here). Additionally, (insert player Y name here) is projected as a lottery pick and is a deadly 3-point shooter. Our point guard (insert player Z here) is also one of the best freshmen in the (insert conference name here) and can handle defensive pressure easily.

I don't think you've ever faced anything like what we have. I don't know anything (at all) about Iowa State other than you are very good offensively under coach Hoiberg, but bad defensively and rebounding. Unfortunately, that won't fare well against our top (insert Kenpom, NET, RPI, BPI, Sagarin - whatever favors their team).

Thanks for welcoming me and looking forward to the great banter with Iowa State fans!

Some people this week. Probably.

What other kind of things do we always hear from opposing fans when they come here? I tried to mention as many as I could remember So many of the same things year after year.
A lot of them like to make up false stories about their blueblood status, even if it was 90 years ago.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
The worst case of this was when we played Nevada. They were a 12 seed supposedly loaded with unguardable future NBA lottery picks. We beat them fairly comfortably and I don't think a single player from that roster ever played an NBA game.
Every pundit out there had Nevada beating us. It literally was the most popular upset pick with all the idiots (SDavis, CKellog, et al).

But I think the thrashing we delivered to UCLA in the 2000 Reg Semi was even more satisfying.

Vitale would literally not shut up about how Steve Lavin and them were going to the Final 4, yada, yada, yada.

Final score? 80-56 good guys. And we ran them up and down the court all freaking game which was supposed to play to UCLA's strengths.

I loved watching that. Tinsley was phenomenal that game.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Every pundit out there had Nevada beating us. It literally was the most popular upset pick with all the idiots (SDavis, CKellog, et al).

But I think the thrashing we delivered to UCLA in the 2000 Reg Semi was even more satisfying.

Vitale would literally not shut up about how Steve Lavin and them were going to the Final 4, yada, yada, yada.

Final score? 80-56 good guys. And we ran them up and down the court all freaking game which was supposed to play to UCLA's strengths.

I loved watching that. Tinsley was phenomenal that game.
I even remember Letterman during that week after so many high seeds got eliminated tossing out UCLA as someone who might go all the way.

Yeah, one of the most satisfying wins in ISU MBB history. I do hate UCLA Basketball.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
The worst case of this was when we played Nevada. They were a 12 seed supposedly loaded with unguardable future NBA lottery picks. We beat them fairly comfortably and I don't think a single player from that roster ever played an NBA game.
Was curious so I looked it up. All 4 of their stars in Cody and Caleb Martin, Jordan Caroline, and Cameron Oliver, are all overseas or in the G League

• Informative
Reactions: GTO and isutrevman

cyclone82

Sep 22, 2022
Hi Everyone! I'm a Pitt/Miss St fan and wanted to come here and talk about our upcoming matchup. Our fan base is really excited to be in the tournament and think we can go very far this year. Our coach Chris Jans/Jeff Capel has done an incredible job with the team this year and have installed an offense/defense that most teams are not used to facing.

We also have (insert player X name here) who is one of the most dominant matchup problems in the (insert conference here). Additionally, (insert player Y name here) is projected as a lottery pick and is a deadly 3-point shooter. Our point guard (insert player Z here) is also one of the best freshmen in the (insert conference name here) and can handle defensive pressure easily.

I don't think you've ever faced anything like what we have. I don't know anything (at all) about Iowa State other than you are very good offensively under coach Hoiberg, but bad defensively and rebounding. Unfortunately, that won't fare well against our top (insert Kenpom, NET, RPI, BPI, Sagarin - whatever favors their team).

Thanks for welcoming me and looking forward to the great banter with Iowa State fans!

Some people this week. Probably.

What other kind of things do we always hear from opposing fans when they come here? I tried to mention as many as I could remember So many of the same things year after year.
BS...ur frickin sukeye troll.....GO AWAY Douchebag.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron