Hurricane Ian's destruction

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
They are building it up so they can blame the governor for bad planning.

I honestly have no dog in this fight politically and do not care one bit about that part of it, but I did see the Florida governor on the Weather Channel last night giving a lot of great details and instructions to the residents of Florida. He came across well-prepared and is certainly taking this seriously.

• Haha
Reactions: DarkStar

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Or when a snow storm was moving in! I may or may not be the proud owner of this tee.

View attachment 103662

He was my favorite "Celebrity". Just a guy that was kicking butt at his job and he became of local "Celebrity/Hero" type guy. His flowing silver locks of hair and his laid back attitude and getting the job done, was next level. Loved that guy.

• Friendly
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Have a buddy that was supposed to be at Disney this week. Poor guy.

We left as scheduled on Monday morning. Ran into a college friend at the airport heading down. On the bright side the reduced crowds may help them get on more rides.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Watching that offense should be punishment enough for you. I say keep lets you off the hook.
I to am an Petras fan, your to dumb too recognize there ability too grow QBs. Petras four Heisman!

Actually I think it's "just" through October. I should've negotiated better terms.

Reactions: trevn

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I realize these things can shift at a moment’s notice, but looks to me like the main part of this storm is set to make landfall between Sarasota and Fort Myers. A lot less populated area than if it were to shift and hit further north, because then you’re bringing Tampa into the line of fire.

Reactions: GMackey32

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
I realize these things can shift at a moment’s notice, but looks to me like the main part of this storm is set to make landfall between Sarasota and Fort Myers. A lot less populated area than if it were to shift and hit further north, because then you’re bringing Tampa into the line of fire.
Hitting between Fort Myers and Tampa/St. Pete is probably the best case scenario for this storm as it would affect a smaller amount of coastal population.

Reactions: enisthemenace

Beernuts

Nov 9, 2017
Our go to place the last couple of years in early March has been Clearwater Beach. I sincerely hope the storm doesn't damage the beautiful beaches and infrastructure.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Fortunately, after Hurricane Andrew in 1992 Florida enacted a very aggressive building code such that anything built after that date is required to withstand hurricane winds up to (I'm guessing here.. 115 MPH). So yes, there will be huge problems and destruction but anything built in the last 30 years should fair pretty well.

Going to be talking to a friend in our building on the Atlantic side later today. Not horrible there, but lots of rain and wind. Unfortunately our building is undergoing concrete restoration and my beach-facing sliding doors are not installed, just plywood make-shift walls. So anxious to see how we did.

• Agree
Reactions: wxman1

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
In all seriousness though this looks like a bad deal. Hopefully most people evacuated and the people that stayed are able to be safe. Destruction looks imminent at this point.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Watching that offense should be punishment enough for you. I say keep lets you off the hook.
I to am an Petras fan, your to dumb too recognize there ability too grow QBs. Petras four Heisman!

I'm hoping the exceptional performance during my rookie month will open the door to a new contract.

• Optimistic
Reactions: VeloClone