How good was/is Bubu?

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Posted this in a different Bubu thread but it seems like a lot of people haven't seen it yet.

According to what Bubu told the Ames Tribune he talked to Fred and will join the team at practice Monday. So unless some other forces come into play he's back on the team. The question is what his role will be.

Men

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
He isn't worth everything that he has put the team and university through, that is for sure.

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
Looks like EddyCy is a little slow on the trigger. Better luck next time kid.
shooter%2Bmcgavin%2Bgif.gif

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
He isn't worth everything that he has put the team and university through, that is for sure.

The university put itself through this. The fact that Leath overruled Pollard is troubling to me, but I don't want to get of track for this thread.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
This could be another great long thread!

Bubu was going to start this year before the transfer of Kane. He had improved his shot and was playing the best ball of his career. How good? Who really knows but he would be giving us minutes and not riding the bench.

Experience playing in Big XII and 2 NCAA tournaments. Quick feet on defense. Decent outside shot, though inconsistent. That was in the past. Word was that he improved from last year. He was good enough to start for us if he had been allowed to play. At a minimum, he will take SDW's minutes, and probably some from the other guards as well. Kane should get a bit more rest now.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I hope to see a lot of drives and dish from Bubu... to Ellerman in garbage time.

Apr 19, 2006
I can't remember does Fred want Bubu back on the team? It sounds like the players are happy to have him back.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006

Considering the FACT there is no evidence he did anything wrong, he didn't DO anything to put the university or anyone else through anything. The ISU president is the one who put the university through everything. There was not reason he could not have accepted the decisions of the county attorney, the university hearing, and the ALJ who all found there was not sufficient evidence to support Bubu did anything wrong.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
He'll play as much as needed just like anybody else. Who cares? Last I heard we had a well paid coach to determine these things based on a myriad of factors. If Bubu is awesome in practice he may get some minutes. If he's not, he may not. He'll help in practice at the very least.

Rocket science.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
In the B12 tournament last year, he outplayed Korie Lucious. In fact, Korie opted to stay on the bench and told Fred to keep Bubu in because he was playing better.