How good was/is Bubu?

Firefighter4Cy

Oct 23, 2012
Ankeny
My memory is fading and I can't remember how good Bubu actually was. I know he could create space and get the rim, but was he an outside threat as well? And I'm sure all of this was covered in the other Bubu threads, but didn't want to slog through all those threads to find this out.

Also, what is the possibility that he ever plays again? Or is just being reinstated enough satisfaction for him?

ISUCyclone06

Oct 31, 2010
Greensboro, NC
This could be another great long thread!

Bubu was going to start this year before the transfer of Kane. He had improved his shot and was playing the best ball of his career. How good? Who really knows but he would be giving us minutes and not riding the bench.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
The best way to look at having Bubu back on the team is that he can give you quality minutes most of the time. However, he tends to make plays some times that are real head-scratchers. In other words, not very consistent. He is solid defensively however.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
This could be another great long thread!

Bubu was going to start this year before the transfer of Kane. He had improved his shot and was playing the best ball of his career. How good? Who really knows but he would be giving us minutes and not riding the bench.

I'd argue ONLY because they needed to see what Morris could do as a true freshman - not because Bubu had anything other than bottom of the bench PG skills.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
The best way to look at having Bubu back on the team is that he can give you quality minutes most of the time. However, he tends to make plays some times that are real head-scratchers. In other words, not very consistent. He is solid defensively however.

High energy, solid on ball defender. Very good at drawing fouls and a good FT shooter. Has shown some ability to hit the three, but seemed to be the only guy on the floor without a "green light" the past two years.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
He averaged 2.8 ppt last year to go along with 1.2 apt with .8 tog all on 12 minutes. PROLLY 2nd team all B12... :pcute:

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Is he really going to be getting any minutes though? We have Kane and Morris is really playing well for the PG spot and I don't see Bubu as a SG unless its for defense. I have nothing against him but I just don't see how he fits in this team at this point of the season.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
The Bubu debate is always a good way to see who actually watches and understands whats going on in the games and who just looks at box scores.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Is Bubu starter quality probably not but he is a very solid guy off the bench. I for one would welcome him with open arms as we have a pretty short bench.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I don't know if it was true but others have said his 3pt shooting has really improved. They said he was going to start at SG so maybe he is the 3pt threat we need to get us over the top.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
My impression is that it was a self imposed thing

Could be, I have no inside info on that. Just seemed to be the only guy on the floor who wouldn't throw it up every time he was open from three (which was often because opposing teams seem to catch onto this tendency quick). Looks like he was 1 for 5 last year, which doesn't tell us much, but the year before he was 5 for 11. So he definitely has the ability to hit them at a good clip.