Home Meal Delivery Services

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Been considering looking into these and just wondering if anybody had any advice or thoughts. I live alone most of the time, so I think I would need some flexibility as far as portion sizes or at least delivery intervals. I'm not a picky eater, so I'd be willing to try new foods. Basically I'm just lazy and using you guys instead of having to go to all the websites for research.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
We've done Hello Fresh, they have a good mix of meal choices, we've had some misses but have had more that we've liked than not. If you can get it with a discount code it's not a bad deal sometimes, you can pause weeks that you either don't like the choices or won't be able to use it.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Aren’t they supposed to help busy lifestyles?

I found it inconvenient and when we had stuff pop up we’d be scrambling to get them in before the produce went bad. Plus it’s still pots and pans and all the **** I hate dealing with.

• Informative
Reactions: Acylum

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Overall, they can be expensive per a serving.

Also they take longer to make then advertised. So they don't necessarily save you time making the meal.

A positive is that you do get some cool meals out of it. So they do open you up to new things.

Overall, my.wife and I stopped subscribing to it.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: Dormeezy and Acylum

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
My wife and I enjoyed it, but couldn’t bring ourselves to pay full price for Hello Fresh or Blue Apron.

Good food and we definitely tried things out of our typical routine.

• Informative

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Overall, they can be expensive per a serving.

Also they take longer to make then advertised. So they don't necessarily save you time making the meal.

A positive is that you do get some cool meals out of it. So they do open you up to new things.

Overall, my.wife and I stopped subscribing to it.
Ya can confirm they take longer than advertised. I'm a pretty good cook but it takes me probably doublely long.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: Dormeezy and Acylum

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Ya can confirm they take longer than advertised. I'm a pretty good cook but it takes me probably doublely long.

Same with me, pretty good at cooking and cutting.

I think the problem is just reading the instructions takes a lot of time. I end up having to read them a couple times. Also, it seems like things in the oven take longer to get the right texture then the instructions say.

If you could read the instructions once and remember them, then it could go pretty quick.

• Informative

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I should've included in the OP that I'd like something that doesn't have a large environmental impact also, i.e., packaging is recyclable, minimal materials that end up in trash, etc.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I should've included in the OP that I'd like something that doesn't have a large environmental impact also, i.e., packaging is recyclable, minimal materials that end up in trash, etc.

Mcdonalds kids meal. Bonus you will get a toy. My daughter got the Hamburglar on Friday.

• Informative
  • Haha
Reactions: dafarmer and Acylum

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL

I think they are all pretty environmental safe. So you shouldn't have a problem with which one you pick. If they are, they'll make sure to let you know on their website.

• Informative

nautical12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2009
Mason City
We did Hello Fresh a couple years ago and just started Every Plate last week. Like others have said Hello Fresh takes about twice as long as you think and meals were hit and miss. Every plate is cheaper and the 3 meals we've made were good and cook time was under an hour. Both have all recyclable packaging.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
We did Hello Fresh a couple years ago and just started Every Plate last week. Like others have said Hello Fresh takes about twice as long as you think and meals were hit and miss. Every plate is cheaper and the 3 meals we've made were good and cook time was under an hour. Both have all recyclable packaging.
Really like Every Plate after checking it out, thanks!

Reactions: nautical12

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron