Hoiberg to Huskers

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I guess I don’t get it. CFH has done a ton for Iowa State and we have a coach that just won his second conference tournament championship in 4 years. Nebraska will certainly raise their profile with Fred but the Iowa State program isn’t going to fall apart because CFH moves to Lincoln.
Fred who...?

upload_2019-3-21_7-51-30.png

Reactions: SpokaneCY

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Wow.

You all need to get over yourselves. All of you. Everyone but me. You're all petty and small.

How could you not celebrate Fred realizing his dream of being the next head coach of the Nebraska Cornhuskers. Have you not heard how much he hates recruiting? The money and prestige of coaching in Lincoln?

I think all of you owe Fred and me an apology. Just wow.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
you people are freaks. let the man live his life. it
I think you’re confusing trying to stop Fred from coaching Nebraska with viewing him as less of a Cyclone as a Husker. The former isn’t happening. The latter certainly should be.

Last edited:

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
The day that ISU is losing recruits to the joke that is nebraska basketball is when Iowa State needs to do some soul-searching on even having a program.

We are on another level than those turds.
Besides a big paycheck I’m not sure why he wouldn’t wait until the end of the NBA season to see what was available. So did he get his fill of the NBA or will Nebraska be a place holder till another good NBA job comes up.
placeholder. He will get what he needs to rehab his coaching swag and move on. Not terribly dissimilar to his time at Isu. However; he has made recruiting more challenging for himself. After having read thru his 2o15 interview about Nebraska he was clearly planning a soft landing back then. He is very methodical in his plans. I look at his game day visit with a more jadauced perspective now.

Not mad or hating. His approach is clear to me.

• Agree
Reactions: SpokaneCY

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I guess I don’t get it. CFH has done a ton for Iowa State and we have a coach that just won his second conference tournament championship in 4 years. Nebraska will certainly raise their profile with Fred but the Iowa State program isn’t going to fall apart because CFH moves to Lincoln.

The program in and of itself will not fall apart. But don't kid yourself.....in the event that Prohm slips, even if for just a few weeks like this year...that's red meat for the lunatic base of Cyclonenation. Look what happened this season when things seemed to be going south.....and Fred wasn't even coaching. Now he might be right next door. No.....ISU mens basketball will be survive without Fred. But I would sure hate to be the coach at ISU if somehow a Fred led NU ends up with more wins at the end of a season.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
word on the streets is his nba coaching prospects werent as high as youd think.

not a lot of interest. so go to nebraska make bank. 4 years at 5 mill/ year.

make them win and head back to nba

Not sure, other than bias because of who he is, would make people think he’d be a hot commodity.

His teams were known for their lack of effort, no attention to detail, and generally looked uncoached. Add being called out by his star player, and there isn’t a list of teams looking to knock down his door.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
This thread is exactly why this whole thing is bad for Iowa State.

I’d say the people happy about the move aren’t really happy and will be the first ones to complain the second prohm or god forbid, TJ, lose a game or a recruit.

Steve Prohm gets unfairly compared to and held to an impossible standard because of thd cult of Fred. It’ll get a thousand times worse if he’s coaching at Nebraska.

I’ll cheer against him because I’m petty and small and because I think the way he left Iowa State was crappy in pushing an agenda and propaganda that all of you fell for. But even if you still buy the dream job, hates recruiting, won’t work many years because of his health, will never coach in college again lines that were perpetuated by insiders on here for years, you shouldn’t hope that he succeeds. Because it makes it that much harder for us to succeed.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Honest question, because I don't know.

How often has there been an instance where a successful college coach bailed to an NBA job that returned to the college ranks at a dumpy job like Nebraska?

Pitino and Calipari did poorly in the NBA but locked down blue-chip jobs. Larry Brown is the only one I can think of, but he got his program in trouble and resigned after a couple years.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
The program in and of itself will not fall apart. But don't kid yourself.....in the event that Prohm slips, even if for just a few weeks like this year...that's red meat for the lunatic base of Cyclonenation. Look what happened this season when things seemed to be going south.....and Fred wasn't even coaching. Now he might be right next door. No.....ISU mens basketball will be survive without Fred. But I would sure hate to be the coach at ISU if somehow a Fred led NU ends up with more wins at the end of a season.
Add a Foster or Lipsey commitment to Nebraska, and that could be enough to have any Cyclone MBB head coach looking elsewhere.

It won’t just the lunatics going after Prohm that are bad, those people are generally there regardless. It’ll be tough on any Cyclone basketball coach as long as Cyclone fans think the Mayor (of Ames) is the coach of Nebraska. It’s one thing to share the spotlight and hearts with Hoiberg when he’s in the NBA, but another when he’s recruiting guys you’re in on, like Foster and Lipsey.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Besides a big paycheck I’m not sure why he wouldn’t wait until the end of the NBA season to see what was available. So did he get his fill of the NBA or will Nebraska be a place holder till another good NBA job comes up.

The Nba season doesn’t end until like June or July. There would be no college positions available by then.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
word on the streets is his nba coaching prospects werent as high as youd think.

not a lot of interest. so go to nebraska make bank. 4 years at 5 mill/ year.

make them win and head back to nba

Doesn’t surprise me.

College coaches successfully making the jump to the nba is the exception, not the norm

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Honest question, because I don't know.

How often has there been an instance where a successful college coach bailed to an NBA job that returned to the college ranks at a dumpy job like Nebraska?

Pitino and Calipari did poorly in the NBA but locked down blue-chip jobs. Larry Brown is the only one I can think of, but he got his program in trouble and resigned after a couple years.

Cal went the Memphis. Wasn’t exactly a blue chip program.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneVet

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
The Nba season doesn’t end until like June or July. There would be no college positions available by then.
For most of the teams making changes the NBA season ends in mid-April.

There could be college coaches that **** on the program and don’t leave until late May or early June. Wasn’t Prohm was hired in June?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron