Hason Ward Committed

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Welcome Hason! Looks like good length and athleticism. Can never have enough of that!

Reactions: t-noah

exCYtement

Feb 28, 2011
Ames
I'm pretty optimistic looking at the line up next year. With his length, Ward is an upgrade over Conditt or Enaruna. Reminds me of the Lard/McKay type, with hopefully a better work ethic.

PG: Hunter/Lipsey
SG: Klashuer/Grill/Willaims
SF: Eli King/Watson
PF: Jaz/Jones
C: Tre King/Ward

With two more open scholarships, get a decent scoring guard and another big man, and that's a solid squad.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Nice highlight, but probably 90% of D1 college basketball players can throw down an alley oop lob.... it says nothing about how good a basketball player is.

I'm not at all saying Ward isn't a great get, he probably is, but you sure can't tell anything from someone's dunk highlights.

Reactions: Cyclad

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Nice highlight, but probably 90% of D1 college basketball players can throw down an alley oop lob.... it says nothing about how good a basketball player is.

I'm not at all saying Ward isn't a great get, he probably is, but you sure can't tell anything from someone's dunk highlights.
ColorlessMassiveAxisdeer-max-1mb.gif

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
I'm pretty optimistic looking at the line up next year. With his length, Ward is an upgrade over Conditt or Enaruna. Reminds me of the Lard/McKay type, with hopefully a better work ethic.

PG: Hunter/Lipsey
SG: Klashuer/Grill/Willaims
SF: Eli King/Watson
PF: Jaz/Jones
C: Tre King/Ward

With two more open scholarships, get a decent scoring guard and another big man, and that's a solid squad.
Ward had worse offensive numbers at VCU than Conditt did here.

Obviously that can change and might in new surroundings but he's not a surefire upgrade on that end at least. That's not to say I don't like the pickup because I absolutely do. Ward does some things exceptionally well and is probably a bit higher level athlete at the 5.

It's becoming very important that TJ gets someone who can put it in the basket soon, though.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Ward had worse offensive numbers at VCU than Conditt did here.

Obviously that can change and might in new surroundings but he's not a surefire upgrade on that end at least. That's not to say I don't like the pickup because I absolutely do. Ward does some things exceptionally well and is probably a bit higher level athlete at the 5.

It's becoming very important that TJ gets someone who can put it in the basket soon, though.

I guess we have to trust TJ.... but he's got to get some scoring on this team. I know scorers are hard to get in the portal, but that's his job.

If Ward's offensive numbers are worse than Conditt, and Ward is playing against far inferior opponents than Conditt was.... that's not good. We just have to trust TJ knows what he's doing.

• Haha
Reactions: chadly82 and Rural