Harder to "replace", Morris or Burton?

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by FinalFourCy, Mar 20, 2017.

1. CloneinWDSM

CloneinWDSM Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Male
    Ratings:
    +2,637 / 124 / -0
    Don't get me wrong, Morris is impossible to replace but I'd go with Burton.

We will have Wigginton And Djack who will help bridge the gap but I have no idea who will be the scorer and mismatch that Deonte is. I think that is where we are going to be severely lacking next year is that Stretch 4 everyone talks about and also having a knockdown shooter will be sorely missed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. IbSvU

IbSvU Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Student
    Ratings:
    +42 / 15 / -0
    Morris is better so it must be him I guess

3. SCyclone

SCyclone Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    Fort Dodge, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,512 / 40 / -0
    I agree with you 100%.....but I doubt if this year's Cyclone team could have thrived that way. The extra possessions resulted in more points, and fewer opportunities for our opponents. Plus the flow of the offense was better.

Morris, without question, will be the single hardest piece to replace going forward.

• Like Like x 1
  4. knowlesjam

knowlesjam Active Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Weather Warrior
    Papillion, NE
    Ratings:
    +375 / 16 / -0
    Morris...simply from that fact that he plays at a very high tempo for 35+ minutes a game with very few mistakes/bad decisions. Deonte, while capable of fantastic plays, can't maintain that level for the same amount of time. Both were vital to the team...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Sales manager
    A pineapple under the sea
    Ratings:
    +12,038 / 596 / -0
    Both will be very hard to replace, and neither is replaceable in their exact role. But have to go with Monte simply because he has directed our team from the point for almost 4 full years, in an incredible way.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rural

Rural Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Ratings:
    +2,902 / 122 / -0
    We reload.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. FinalFourCy

FinalFourCy Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Ratings:
    +1,128 / 200 / -0
    Yep, but that's why it may be more possible as we think. Even if our TOs at pg go up if we stop giving up 20 offensive rebounds a game next year we'll improve.

Morris was the best ever in CBB at not making mistakes while Burton was just a good mismatch this year. We've had that every year Morris was here. MM's level of execution will never again be repeated but it's more important that we have a mismatch. Imo in terms of replacing MM we need another Burton. MM's numbers are not so impossible to replace if he didn't have Burton imo. If Wigginton or Jackson don't have their mismatch like Burton to rely on, they'll have to force a lot more things.

Damn, the season seems so far away

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. wgleason

wgleason Active Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +98 / 6 / -0
    This like asking a kid which parent he would rather have die. Really no correct answer

• Funny Funny x 1