Hannah Willms

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Thanks for the useless comment that adds nothing, but tosses your own idiocy into the ring. Bravo.

27536_112400452135479_8923_n.jpg

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
Thanks for the useless comment that adds nothing, but tosses your own idiocy into the ring. Bravo.

Something crawl up your butt? I greatly appreciate it when fellow fanatics point out hotties.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
She sounds like a phenomenal athlete. I remember hearing that if you took her best times/results from her senior year of high school, and plugged them into the B12 track meet, she would have finished something like 8th as a team, by herself. Now I can't cite the source, so don't crucify me if I'm off on that, but the point stands that she was/is a track phenom. As someone else mentioned, it's amazing that she can compete at that high a level in 2 sports.

I don't follow either program closely enough to know what's best, but it's hard to argue her choice to specialize. Hopefully it works out best for all involved.

abcguyks

Apr 11, 2006
Olathe
She sounds like a phenomenal athlete. I remember hearing that if you took her best times/results from her senior year of high school, and plugged them into the B12 track meet, she would have finished something like 8th as a team, by herself. Now I can't cite the source, so don't crucify me if I'm off on that, but the point stands that she was/is a track phenom. As someone else mentioned, it's amazing that she can compete at that high a level in 2 sports.

I don't follow either program closely enough to know what's best, but it's hard to argue her choice to specialize. Hopefully it works out best for all involved.

I follow track pretty closely and Hannah is a MUCH better track athlete than she is a volleyball player and that is saying something.

Here is what she did in track in high school:
High jump 6'1" (this height would have won the B12 outdoor meet last year)
100m 12.36
200m 24.99
400m 53.96 (time would have placed 9th at B12 outdoor meet last year)

Last edited:
Reactions: CycloneErik

gizzsdad

Mar 4, 2009
The next thing we may hear is that some of the recruits who committed may have changed their minds.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
That sucks (for v-ball fans)! She was turning into a really good player. Hopefully someone else will take the opportunity and step into that spot and contribute.

Best of luck in track & field!
Maye Wilms can come back as a senior.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
The next thing we may hear is that some of the recruits who committed may have changed their minds.

Any particular reasons?
I guess this situation is not caused by problems with the Coach. Wilms just prefers concentrating on track and Johnson is taking a medical hardship.

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
there was a setter that was comitted to us that switched to Indiana a while ago...Gallegher?

...and it just seems as though Hannah never really adjusted to college vball...an athletic freak that couldnt quite grip the mechanics of the college OH...hitting into the block and not moving her wrists enough are things that come to mind

Last edited:

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
Hannah is a talented and enthusiastic volleyball player. There's no doubt she could keep contributing to ISU volleyball to the enjoyment of many fans. She's fun to watch.

But... she is already an All America caliber track athlete. With her performance at the indoor NCAA national meet last spring, she earned 2nd team All America honors. This was only a couple months after volleyball season ended, so with limited training.

By focusing on track, she probably can set records, win championships, and have a professional career ahead of her if she wants it.

Will

Aug 17, 2011
Hannah has a better chance of being a track star than being a volleyball star. Go for it Hannah!!

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
Did Johnson have an injury that limited her? Never heard about it.

I hope they find some players from IA that turn out to be superstars to replace them.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
The average hotness of the volleyball team is going to drop dramatically.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Did Johnson have an injury that limited her? Never heard about it.

I hope they find some players from IA that turn out to be superstars to replace them.

Bigbee, Kurht, and Vondrak will get their chance to do that starting next year. I think Bigbee will step right into Peterson's spot and the other two will be in the mix for roles as well.

Will

Aug 17, 2011
Bigbee, Kurht, and Vondrak will get their chance to do that starting next year. I think Bigbee will step right into Peterson's spot and the other two will be in the mix for roles as well.

Next season should be awesome. It wasn't until the end of the season that we finally had some production in the OH2 position. With Hurtt coming on strong and Hockaday at full strength we should be better than last year. Final Four here we come!!!

Kitkat

Apr 10, 2009
I am sorry to lose both players, but it also seems to me that both made mature and wise decisions. Good luck to both of them.

Help Support Us

Become a patron