Hannah Willms

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
Bigbee, Kurht, and Vondrak will get their chance to do that starting next year. I think Bigbee will step right into Peterson's spot and the other two will be in the mix for roles as well.

I knew they were coming in. I was meaning, in addition to. This frees up 2 scholarships, doesn't it?

beatiowa

Dec 21, 2008
Berkeley, CA
I am sorry to lose both players, but it also seems to me that both made mature and wise decisions. Good luck to both of them.

Agreed. While it sucks to lose players for any reason, it is good to know that both left for completely understandable personal reasons and not because of issues with the coaches/program/etc.

Also, I don't know much about these things: since Johnson is taking the medical hardship, does that mean that she could still be involved with the team/stay on scholarship? I remember Brittany Lange assisting with the WBB team after injuries stopped her from playing a few years ago.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Also, I don't know much about these things: since Johnson is taking the medical hardship, does that mean that she could still be involved with the team/stay on scholarship? I remember Brittany Lange assisting with the WBB team after injuries stopped her from playing a few years ago.

She could stay on scholarship and not have it count against the allowable limit.

It happens most often in football, where the injured guys end up working on the video crew or in the offices as a way for both parties to get value from the scholarship funds.

Help Support Us

Become a patron