Halftime Shows & Forest at JTS

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Does anyone know what happened to the halftime shows? We used to have one every game. For the past season or two it seems like we only have about 3 a season. I assume we are saving the money and tacking it on to Campbell's salary?

Also while I'm here, does anyone know what the deal is with the forest we are growing on the west side of Jack Trice? The grass is about 6 feet long on the hills behind the concessions. It looks pretty awful. I imagine the Reimans had that included in the contract when they donated the money for the SEZ?

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Does anyone know what happened to the halftime shows? No. We used to have one every game. For the past season or two it seems like we only have about 3 a season. I assume we are saving the money and tacking it on to Campbell's salary? The extra money is going for busch light money to fired and disgraced ex-Gannett journalism majors.
Also while I'm here, does anyone know what the deal is with the forest we are growing on the west side of Jack Trice? Not yet. The grass is about 6 feet long on the hills behind the concessions. It looks pretty awful. I imagine the Reimans had that included in the contract when they donated the money for the SEZ? I think the grass is being left long for Eric Church's concert the next time we host Gameday.

• Funny
Reactions: 2020cy

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
My wife and I have been wondering about the half time shows also. We always enjoyed them.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
im on standby for a half time motivation speech.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Seems like usually the half time shows have been mostly weekend Big 12 games lately or big games like KU and Iowa. Wouldn't be surprised if there is something for tonight with a sold out crowd but I'm guessing it's just not economical to bring someone in for a weeknight halftime show lately, especially for nonconference games when we don't always have a packed house.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Does anyone know what happened to the halftime shows? We used to have one every game. For the past season or two it seems like we only have about 3 a season. I assume we are saving the money and tacking it on to Campbell's salary?

Also while I'm here, does anyone know what the deal is with the forest we are growing on the west side of Jack Trice? The grass is about 6 feet long on the hills behind the concessions. It looks pretty awful. I imagine the Reimans had that included in the contract when they donated the money for the SEZ?

I'm guessing the football coaches want that grass and the trees over on the west side of the practice fields to be plenty thick to keep gawkers from watching practice. I know they used to actually have people up on the west sidewalk making sure no one was stopping to watch.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA

As far as halftime performers, it usually comes down to scheduling.

The grass is a prairie area that they are creating.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
As far as halftime performers, it usually comes down to scheduling.

The grass is a prairie area that they are creating.
I'm all for prairies... but inside the stadium? It looks ridiculous.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
As others have said, they don’t typically do half time stuff until conference play starts. I’m sure red panda, the dogs, the guy that balances on stuff and somehow hasn’t killed himself, FMH gymnastics kids, and all the others will be in town at some point

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
As others have said, they don’t typically do half time stuff until conference play starts. I’m sure red panda, the dogs, the guy that balances on stuff and somehow hasn’t killed himself, FMH gymnastics kids, and all the others will be in town at some point

They haven’t been for several years. I think the only show we had last year was Fargo Moorhead.