Great cover songs

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Last one for today: Jack White's cover medley of "Ball and Biscuit - White Stripes" “Don’t Hurt Yourself- Beyonce” and "Jesus Is Coming Soon - Blind Willie Johnson" on Saturday Night Live. One of the hardest I've ever seen anyone go on the SNL stage, worth a watch if you like Rock.

Reactions: clonedude and Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Lucky, I've been trying to get out to see Hippo Campus since I moved up to the cities. That sounds like a great show.

They had a lot of energy when we saw them probably 4.5 years ago! They were just on a little side stage at a festival, but they were SO excited to be playing.

Reactions: srjclone

JimmyBlobby

Nov 23, 2021
After years of checking in here periodically - more of TOE person overall, but Iowa before all else - I had to register for this topic. I love a good cover. Lot of favorites already posted but here are some others that are great.

Reactions: srjclone

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
From the greatest cover band of all time, IMO. A lot of Rare Earth's hit records were covers, like this Motown cover.

tplumm

Mar 3, 2010
Ankeny
Def Leppard‘s Yeah album were covers of some of their favorite bands. I really liked the covers of ELO and The Kinks

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
Linda Ronstadt covers a 1920's Broadway classic by George & Ira Gershwin. Few covers do justice to the original as Linda does in this sensuous period piece:

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but My Morning Jacket does an extremely well done cover of It Makes No Difference by The Band.