Grandview Open

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA

Notice they have Kysen wrestling unattached to keep the redshirt on him. Guessing he will remain unattached until we know whether Suriano is coming to Iowa State or not.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Suriano is ranked #2 under ISU.....Rokfin
DeadKlutzyBushsqueaker-max-1mb.gif

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
He read it on Hawkeye Report :
to be honest, i was relatively confident in the hildebrandt thing. much less confident in where Suriano goes. frankly, it's more speculation / tea leaves

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Also FWIW this was on tOSU forum

From Willie on Hawkeye Report:

"to be honest, i was relatively confident in the hildebrandt thing. much less confident in where Suriano goes. frankly, it's more speculation / tea leaves than anything."

With that being said that is probably where he ends up.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Also FWIW this was on tOSU forum

From Willie on Hawkeye Report:

"to be honest, i was relatively confident in the hildebrandt thing. much less confident in where Suriano goes. frankly, it's more speculation / tea leaves than anything."

With that being said that is probably where he ends up.
Ohio State has some crazy donors when it comes to wrestling and they wouldn’t stand being outbid by anyone

Htowncyfan

Mar 18, 2018
High drama here. Like many of you, I was excited about this opportunity when the rumors of Suriano joining us started to fly. But at what cost —which includes Big 12s and possibly Nationals for another younger wrestler at 125/133 who would benefit from the experience? Is it really worth that ( and whatever NIL/donation dollars it might take) to maybe be top 5 ( or not) for one year? I know we have all been focusing on the future ever since circa 2010– but the crop that we have coming ( with the additions of the Grey Shirts) when combined with a legitimate top of the lineup bonafide four time NCAA champion as our leader, seems to me to be the real story now for us. For the first time in a long time, I have REAL trust in the immediate future of this program. And I continue to believe that Dresser is the exact right head coach for us. Me thinks that good things are finally ahead for us— regardless of what Suriano decides to do.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
High drama here. Like many of you, I was excited about this opportunity when the rumors of Suriano joining us started to fly. But at what cost —which includes Big 12s and possibly Nationals for another younger wrestler at 125/133 who would benefit from the experience? Is it really worth that ( and whatever NIL/donation dollars it might take) to maybe be top 5 ( or not) for one year? I know we have all been focusing on the future ever since circa 2010– but the crop that we have coming ( with the additions of the Grey Shirts) when combined with a legitimate top of the lineup bonafide four time NCAA champion as our leader, seems to me to be the real story now for us. For the first time in a long time, I have REAL trust in the immediate future of this program. And I continue to believe that Dresser is the exact right head coach for us. Me thinks that good things are finally ahead for us— regardless of what Suriano decides to do.
I agree with the end of your post and trust in the coaching staff. And while I am usually about letting younger guys go and guys who buy into the program getting their shot. But if suriano comes for one year, screw it, I’m all in on that. Chance at a trophy with Carr as a Cyclone? Absolutely, don’t pass on that. The headlines with 2 potential finalists for the Cyclones as well as an outside chance to take home a trophy. That only further pushes this program up the ladder. Top programs don’t pass at the opportunity to be great.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Back to the GV Open
Looks like you can stream all mats on Rokfin if you subscribe to that or follow on Track . Links to stream in this article

• Informative
Reactions: matclone

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Kysen has Paul Mascarenas. He was highly ranked recruit at one time and was at SDSU for awhile

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Kysen has Paul Mascarenas. He was highly ranked recruit at one time and was at SDSU for awhile
Some really good kids in some of these brackets. 133 has Dom Serrano another one we recruited ended up at Nebraska as well as Boo Dryden. 149 Cam could have Kevon Davenport next round in the quarters - big recruit who went to Nebraska by way of Michigan.

Boxer007

Aug 15, 2012
Where are you guys following the results? I don’t see it listed in Flo Arena.

edit- never mind. Apparently I can no longer read for context. Keep the updates coming!