Good article from Hines

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Two observations, Hilton is far from "formidable" anymore.

Second, so Prohm is getting on his players for terrible play in practice, why is this not the case in games? He just stands there with his arms crossed while Iowa embarrasses them. Or he doesnt say a word last year when THT continually kills the offense by shooting flailing away threes.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Second, so Prohm is getting on his players for terrible play in practice, why is this not the case in games? He just stands there with his arms crossed while Iowa embarrasses them. Or he doesnt say a word last year when THT continually kills the offense by shooting flailing away threes.

Well that was predictable

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
Well that was predictable

As someone who is searching for answers to this season, give your thoughts as to the key issues, and much more importantly, will the staff make any major changes? Changes to lineup? Changes to offense? ...

• Agree
Reactions: Lineup

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

Hey.......you forgot your obligatory:

$%$# this team and $%÷$ Prohm, we need Hoiberg back.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
As someone who is searching for answers to this season, give your thoughts as to the key issues, and much more importantly, will the staff make any major changes? Changes to lineup? Changes to offense? ...

I don't have any answers. I'm just ready for conference play to begin to see what this team is made of. They could fold like the team two years ago or come together and find ways to grind out wins

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Prentiss Nixon lets loose a string of colorful words of annoyance after he, a career 33 percent 3-point shooting who is at 26 percent this year, misses an open corner 3. Minutes later, he drills one in a late-clock situation and is all smiles as he high-steps off the court in celebration.

LOL. Maybe stop shooting Nixon

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
We've seen enough of this year to be concerned. And, feels like changes would have to happen now to have time to work.
Nothing wrong about being concerned. Their shooting concerns me. But there is this thing called practice.....which ironically is what this thread was based on. And we will see if any changes will be made.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

So you'd like him to completely berate players? Do you want him to publicly humiliate them and yell a bunch of profanities in their face? Poke their chest? If he'd do that he'd be no better than Fran.

This post right here shows that no matter what this team does, or any team under Prohm does, you will show no support for him. You'd rather Prohm have a terrible season than a good one.

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
Feels like:
- 3pt shooting is just off, specifically Bolton and Nixon
- rebounding hasn't significantly improved with the bigger lineup
- offensive movement is just lacking
- Jacobson is just out of place at the 3pt line if just sitting out there
- Conditt still coming off the bench doesn't make sense if he is our second best player

We have talent. Just doesn't feel like we are maximizing their potential.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz

I probably don't agree with you on anything else you say but I wanted to comment on your take of Hilton....

I have to say I agree with you on that. It's kind of a tradition for my Dad and I to sit down and watch the "Lafester Game" every year around Christmas. Dad was sitting in the top row of Hilton for that game back in 1987. Growing up he always talked about how great Hilton was under Orr and I always kinda wrote it off as an old guy being nostalgic and thinking things were better than they were.

That is until I bought the game on DVD as a Christmas present for him several years ago, we watched it together and I saw/heard it with my own eyes/ears. The crowd was on their feet whole game. The place erupted every time we scored. Gary Thompson and whoever else was doing play-by-play said a couple of times during the broadcast "Sorry, I couldn't hear you there". They were sitting right next to each other. When starting lineups were introduced, they called Jeff Grayer and Jeff Grayer didn't run out on the court. The players couldn't hear the PA announcer calling their names and Grayer had to be introduced again as someone pointed to each player when it was their turn to run out.

Hilton is still a great home arena and it's still respected across college basketball. But it isn't what it once was. Part of the reason is $$... TV timeouts kill the mood, advertisements inside Hilton kill the mood. That's the age we live in now and that won't ever change. We also have too many distractions on the individual level today. Snapchat, instagram, checking other scores around CBB on your smart phone takes people's attention off the game. In 1987 the game on the court was the only thing to pay attention to. Coming from someone who is a young fan (20s), people my age have never experienced Hilton in it's full form. We've seen some great games and helped cheer the Cyclones back into (and WIN) lots of games they never should've been in without Hilton, but we've never seen Hilton Coliseum at it's best. I truly believe that after seeing the Lafester Game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron