Geno Smith

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Geno Smith is a punk.

But the guy who punched him is a colossal moron.

Yeah, I'm sure Geno had this coming in some form or another...but man, that other guy may have just cost himself his NFL future as he was cut immediately. Makes you wonder how this all pans out with $$/contracts? Does Geno still get paid?

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
I remember this...Ennis was a good friend of mine...I remember at first the response from Mac was something like "Justin's helmet came off trying to tackle him and he got hit" but when I asked Ennis he got that big smile and basically said it needed to happen. I also remember after Ennis passed I think it was either Mac or another coach that shared at his funeral if they needed to pick one player they'd want by their side in an alley fight, it'd be Ennis. :)

Didn't Eilers pass away too not too long ago?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
One report says Smith had his finger in the guy's face. If that's the case, and if that's when it happened, it doesn't sound like a 'sucker punch' to me.

...don't know of other instances, but his dawging of Wally three years ago couldn't have been an isolated incident.

I assume the punch wasn't unprovoked.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
There are guys who probably wanted to punch Peyton Manning or Tom Brady in the face but you don't because they are Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. But when you are Geno Smith...

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
If he can play another organization will pick him up. I'm certain there are players on every team who know what an asshat Geno is and will speak up for Ike. Not the smartest move, but the NFL rarely turns their back on talent regardless of the baggage.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
If he can play another organization will pick him up. I'm certain there are players on every team who know what an asshat Geno is and will speak up for Ike. Not the smartest move, but the NFL rarely turns their back on talent regardless of the baggage.
Especially when this is really minor baggage by nfl standards

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Especially when this is really minor baggage by nfl standards

Honestly, given the way the NFL has handled discipline regarding domestic abuse, I'm not sure that punching out the starting quarterback and sidelining him for 6-10 weeks wouldn't be considered a greater offense.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Honestly, given the way the NFL has handled discipline regarding domestic abuse, I'm not sure that punching out the starting quarterback and sidelining him for 6-10 weeks wouldn't be considered a greater offense.

This might be a case where the "the b**** had it coming" defense might actually be applicable, and not just dirtbag abusers making excuses.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
With the NFL's new stance on domestic abuse poor Ike is probably out forever for punching that b!tch...

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
yeah, with the NFL you can never be really sure. I was thinking more from the perspective of teams giving him another chance. Considering who teams give second chances to, if he can play, I think Enemkpali will get another chance