Gabe Kalscheur Commits

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
No But constantly repeating it makes this place insufferable at times.

No, this is insufferable.....

"TJ is the coach......what a great hire!"
"He knows ISU, he loves ISU, he knows what will work"
"He is a great recruiter, he knows how to put pieces together"
"What great get on the transfers"
"Fantastic job on keeping one of ISU's top recruits"
"TJ getting the job done"

And then..................."don't expect miracles, we were just 2-22.

Everything is great, epic, historical and unbelievable until you start talking what to expect. Then it's.........."oh no, we can't do that". With all the "great coach, great recruiter, pieces" talk and "oh my, TJ getting the job done"........why not get excited anticipating a 15+ win season next year? What.....so we aren't disappointed? Please.....!

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008

Everything is great, epic, historical and unbelievable until you start talking what to expect. Then it's.........."oh no, we can't do that". With all the "great coach, great recruiter, pieces" talk and "oh my, TJ getting the job done"........why not get excited anticipating a 15+ win season next year? What.....so we aren't disappointed? Please.....!
I fail to see how it is "insufferable" or even inconsistent to say that a coach is building a program and has us on the path to prosperity, yet acknowledge that he inherited a situation that was near rock bottom and will take a little time to get back to respectability.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009

How many times has a new coach inherited a program and in his first year increase the win total by 13+?

• Dumb
Reactions: mynameisjonas

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Cool, pumped for the game tonight where I can root on the team!
In that great big brain of yours.

Enjoy the process. Revel in the details. Wallow in all things Cyclone. Slug down a big chilled glass of your favorite Cardinal & Gold flavored Cool-aid.

Use that big brain of yours and channel Bill Walton enjoying Cyclone basketball as if we played in the Pac13. If recreational drugs help that process- Bill approves.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015

People being positive while trying to keep it realistic is insufferable to you? I’m not saying you have to be positive, you have the right to be skeptical. But you find that insufferable, really?

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines

Most people aren't sith lords and don't deal in absolutes. If your expectations are B12 champions next season then not much can be done for you.

I was a little meh about TJ's hire but up to date he had done everything that was expected/needed to do. I felt he needed to get the right staff. So far he has nailed that. Next he needed to retain Hunter and get some key transfers. He did that with getting depth and a proven P5 starter.

He has passed each hurdle so far. For the first time in 2 seasons I'm excited and intrigued about the next season. Trust the process.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Good thing to know @mynameisjonas is back after the rough day for him yesterday. Probably hung out on the Utah Ute message board yesterday. You have a lot of posts to dumb in the Hunter string.

Last edited:

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Good thing to know @mynameisjonas is back after the rough day for him yesterday. Probably hung out on the Utah Ute message board yesterday. You have a lot of posts to dumb in the Hunter string.
What are you talking about? I love that TJ didn’t screw up Prohm’s star recruit. wasnt Thrilled with the Grill signing, but we have 2 schollies left and if they are done right we are looking at a minimum of 18 wins IMO. Time to suffocate that recruiting trail.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
How many times has a new coach inherited a program and in his first year increase the win total by 13+?
I don’t think it’s out of the question, depending on the non-con. I think we were kind of “sneaky bad” last season. No Hinson and basically no Foster, young team with a lot of new faces so the pandemic was the worst scenario possible for us, plus we hung with some pretty good teams at times. Unfortunately the roster is going to be completely turned over again, but hopefully the effects of the pandemic are minimal. I don’t think we have a shot at winning 15 games, or finishing 7th in the conference. But double-figure wins and getting out of the basement are attainable.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
What are you talking about? I love that TJ didn’t screw up Prohm’s star recruit. wasnt Thrilled with the Grill signing, but we have 2 schollies left and if they are done right we are looking at a minimum of 18 wins IMO. Time to suffocate that recruiting trail.

Probably win more games than Craig Smith and Porter Moser next year? Amazing after taking over a 2-22 program.
I love that we are now are a minimum of 18 wins next year. By the time November comes around it will be NCAA Tournament in year one or we need to move on. Interesting that you dumbed a comment about a person being excited about the Hunter recommitment yesterday afternoon and then left the board.

• Winner
Reactions: jcisuclones

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I don’t think it’s out of the question, depending on the non-con. I think we were kind of “sneaky bad” last season. No Hinson and basically no Foster, young team with a lot of new faces so the pandemic was the worst scenario possible for us, plus we hung with some pretty good teams at times. Unfortunately the roster is going to be completely turned over again, but hopefully the effects of the pandemic are minimal. I don’t think we have a shot at winning 15 games, or finishing 7th in the conference. But double-figure wins and getting out of the basement are attainable.

This I can agree with. But we already see the anti-T.J. crowd setting expectations at 18+ wins.

• Dumb
Reactions: Brandon

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Probably win more games than Craig Smith and Porter Moser next year? Amazing after taking over a 2-22 program.
I love that we are now are a minimum of 18 wins next year. By the time November comes around it will be NCAA Tournament in year one or we need to move on. Interesting that you dumbed a comment about a person being excited about the Hunter recommitment yesterday afternoon and then left the board.
Well I won’t get too excited until the actual games are played. Been there done that. But I think you are right. NCAA tourney is in the near future.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Roster turnover is a good thing. Most of the 2-22 team is gone, to the point where you almost can’t even compare them to last years team since it’s a completely different team. Fresh start.