Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I totally forgot it was Friday. Eh.

What's your favorite breakfast food you've ever had? I think mine might be the key lime French toast that Provisions in Ames had a couple of summers ago.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
A number of years ago I had zucchini pancakes at a place in Ames that were really delicious.

My mom's homemade cinnamon rolls are hard to beat though.

Reactions: harimad and Angie

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Not a huge breakfast person, most mornings a Diet Mt. Dew is about all I have although lately have at least tried to have a banana and maybe some kind of bar with oats in it.

When I do have an actual meal for breakfast though can't beat a good omelet loaded with a bunch of veggies, proteins and cheese or a scramble with essentially the same thing and some kind of potatoes or hash browns. A +1 for Caseys breakfast pizza too when you want something fast and easy.

Reactions: MeanDean and Angie

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
About 18 years ago, friends of ours got married in Monterey, CA. We went out for breakfast the morning of the wedding and I had seafood benedict. It was amazing. I've come close to re-creating it, but the fresh seafood is a little tough to come by in Kansas City.

Otherwise, I love about everything associated with breakfast foods. Bacon, cinnamon rolls, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, sausage, bloody marys, crepes, grits (done correctly). I'm convinced I'll meet my end at the hands of really well done breakfast buffet.

Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
You forgot it was Friday because you were traveling in Canada, eh?

I had "meh," and figured it was too Simpsons-ish? And I was too lazy/unaffected to try any harder this morning.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I have a unreasonable hate for the word savory. How come I almost never heard it the first 40+ years of my life but for the last 5+ years it seems like I hear it an average of about 5 times a day?

Blame Food Network. On the cooking and baking shows that my daughter watches, they love the word like they invented it.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I was traveling back from Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons one year and we were ravenous so we stopped at a little mom and pop restaurant in Wyoming just as they opened. The Navajo tacos for breakfast were tremendous.

EDIT: I just looked at the map and it might have been Sante Fe Southwest Grill in Rock Springs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angie