Friday OT #2 - The Unforgivable Curses

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Or the “I bet you won’t post this” posts on the Facebook. **** you, you’re right, I ain’t posting that.

I'm not not posting whatever it is because I'm scared. I'm not posting it because it's ******* stupid and only dullards are inspired by it.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I'm not not posting whatever it is because I'm scared. I'm not posting it because it's ******* stupid and only dullards are inspired by it.
Reminds me of the "if you don't respond to this correctly by answering here, and sharing it on your own page and tagging fifty of your best friends, I'll know you're not really my friend" posts. Seriously...why, people???

Reactions: Angie

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
This just happened to me today.

We have some training due at the end of the year (December 31). I get an email from my manager's manager saying I need to complete my training today. I am pretty open with my management chain and said, "um I am on vacation, I am not doing the training right now plus it's due ******* 40 days from now"

The response?

"Well you're the only one in my org that hasn't done it and I want to be the first one to be at 100% under X's org". X being his boss.

DON'T MAKE TRAINING DUE ON DECEMBER 31ST IF YOU WANT IT DONE NOVEMBER 20TH THEN!

This happens all the time at my company. It's a pissing contest to see which management chain can finish before the other like some sick game of limp biscuit.

• Haha

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
"It is what it is"

Cannot even explain how much I hate that phrase.

Drives me nuts.
“It is, what it is, moving forward”
I break this out in meetings when someone wont stop complaining about a problem that cant be resolved. Its a real energy vampire move that gives me pleasure watching the life drain out of their eyes.

Reactions: TexCyted

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
My dad's personal one is if someone is talking about a major habit change, and they (or someone else) says "they turned their life around 360 degrees". So you ended up right back where you started?

One of mine is that my name has two very common spellings. My name is in my email signature. Yet, people insist on adding the "H" on the end.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Right when the pandemic first hit and people were wearing mask, and the churches were allowed to reopen. One kid was in the church who is the candle lighter he had his mask on and was trying to blow the candles out after the service, let’s just say having a mask on and trying to blow out candles does not work. it took him several minutes to figure that one out

Your church doesn't have candle snuffers? My church has a candle lighter and snuffer all on one apparatus.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Right turn on red. When I am poised to make a right turn on red but my view to the left to see if it's clear is completely blocked by a truck, SUV or pickup in the adjacent lane and the guy behind me starts honking his horn and guestering at me. Sorry dude can't see to the left. No, really you fuckhead, I CANNOT SEE TO THE LEFT! Would happen all of the time two blocks from my house on my old morning commute with some guy honking for me to turn blindly in the highway traffic buzzing by at 60 mph.

Things I learned in this post, das Audi isn't taller than a pick up and Fuckhead goes thru the CF filter. That could be useful in the cave.

• Funny
Reactions: ianoconnor

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
My dad's personal one is if someone is talking about a major habit change, and they (or someone else) says "they turned their life around 360 degrees". So you ended up right back where you started?

One of mine is that my name has two very common spellings. My name is in my email signature. Yet, people insist on adding the "H" on the end.

As someone who was very guilty of doing that to a coworker I apologize. One of my new field engineers was a no "H" while my older sister is an "H" person (along with the two gals I know at ISU).

Took me probably 2 months to break the habit of typing her name with the H at the end.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

You think people have trouble spelling YOUR name! :D:D

My boss sent me a begrudging "congrats on your retirement" email. After 7 years of working together, she misspelled my name in the salutation. Not sure if it was a typo or an attempt at shade...or if she was really that stupid...
:rolleyes:

Help Support Us

Become a patron