Freaky dreams

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I typically don't dream, or don't remember them vividly anyway, but a recent one got in my head.

What I remember is remarkably short. I was at my parent's old house (but slightly different) that I grew up in. I ran up the steps outside and when I turned and went inside the door, it was the same house, but abandoned, for decades. Just tattered cloth and grey rotting wood. I woke up almost immediately, but in that moment, it was like I fully understood the reality of the passage of time in a profound way. The feeling was an odd but powerful mix of deep sorrow and acceptance.

Just curious to hear about other experiences with dreams.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I'm very similar to you in that I don't often remember them. The ones I do are mind ***** though.

One time I had a wife and kids and small farm(I'm not married no kids). It spanned like a decade. I still remember how much that messed with me for a few weeks after haha.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
A few months after my mom passed away (she was in her 90s), I had this dream about her. She had long, flowing jet black hair with a streak of gray in the front. She was wearing a green, floral design dress that sparkled and she looked like she was in her mid-30s or 40s.

I said to her, "Mom, you look beautiful."

She smiled and said, "Well, this is what they gave me."

I know I posted in the religion dying off chat about my mom and I couldn't reconcile if there was a God or if Jesus was real why mom had such a tough life because she was wonderful person.

But that dream was so vivid I can still hear her voice and picture her.

SciClone

Mar 30, 2006
Marion, IA
A few months after my mom passed away (she was in her 90s), I had this dream about her. She had long, flowing jet black hair with a streak of gray in the front. She was wearing a green, floral design dress that sparkled and she looked like she was in her mid-30s or 40s.

I said to her, "Mom, you look beautiful."

She smiled and said, "Well, this is what they gave me."

I know I posted in the religion dying off chat about my mom and I couldn't reconcile if there was a God or if Jesus was real why mom had such a tough life because she was wonderful person.

But that dream was so vivid I can still hear her voice and picture her.
I had the same type of dream about my grandmother right after she passed. She was wearing a long, flowing blue dress and looked so beautiful. She spoke to me as well to comfort me and let me know she was doing well.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I'm very similar to you in that I don't often remember them. The ones I do are mind ***** though.

One time I had a wife and kids and small farm(I'm not married no kids). It spanned like a decade. I still remember how much that messed with me for a few weeks after haha.
Snowcraig forgot he had kids too....but it wasn't a dream.

Last edited:

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
About 6 months after my grandma passed I was staying the night at their house with my grandpa in the bedroom i always slept in when I visited.

I have the most vivid dream where I get up to use the bathroom and she's sitting in the living room in her favorite chair bottle feeding my then 1 year old daughter. She was young too, like how I remember what she looked like when I was a kid.

What's even more weird is the last thing she told me before she passed was "take care of that little girl". Freakiest **** ever, the human mind can really do some crazy ****.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Occasionally I just have weird ones but can't always remember.

I'm not very religious but have had dreams about friends or family that have died and assumed they were checking in.

As kids we would hang out around my grandma's hedges and then into high school/college every summer a big project was to trim them with hand clippers. It was a long day but also meant good time spent at the house.

Anyway about a year after she passed, I had a dream that a huge crane or something was digging out those hedges and I woke up upset. A few months later someone had driven by her house after we had sold it and the new owners had taken the hedges out.

I've also had dreams that I missed a class or paper/test or something in college and woke up so relieved not to be in college, haha.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I’ve had several dreams that have occurred before the actual event occurred. First example I had was I dreamt of an ambulance ride that occurred in an odd location. No reason for me to have that at the time. I also remember later in the dream I went around these curves in the passenger seat of my car and a small disagreement happened in the car.

Several months later I was injured at an away football game that required an ambulance ride. On my way home, my mom and sister got into a minor argument while we were going around these curved with me in the me passenger seat. That is when I remembered the dream.

I have had several of these, not all injury things, but other events I’m around and and usually within a year, I will sense I’ve been in this situation before and remember a dream I had.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Those are the absolute worst! You wake up sweating and heart racing only to realize you haven't been in college for 20 years now.

I've had similar dreams about former jobs. Not jobs I didn't like but about the required paperwork, a 'TPS reports' kind of thing.

Again very relieved to wake up and not have it be a thing.

• Haha
Reactions: NoCreativity

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I rarely have "bad" dreams or dreams of feeling anxious or dread.

I wake myself up laughing more than anything. My dreams are typically pretty entertaining

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Old basement room at my mom’s. It is dark, cold, and damp. When I was little my dad put me down there on the stairs as I was being mean at the dinner table. I had a spoon in my hand and I dropped it into the dark cobweb filled abyss. I bawled my head off.

Years later I started having dreams about that room and there was some sort of time portal that Satan had gotten through. I would remember like I was trying to yell for help but I couldn’t. I guess I was as my wife would wake me up to me to stop yelling. This was a once or twice a week occurrence. I finally told my wife about this dream and the childhood incident and after that I quit having these dreams. Whenever l go back I still have this fear of going into that room and unless the door to it is open, I won’t go in. Feel like I was in the exorcist or something.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
The college problems dream is very common. My son and his wife both have it recurring. Mine is my first day of college and I am not registered yet, or I don’t know where the classroom is, or I can’t get to class. Over 100 times recurred. The other recurring (10x) is similar to OP. I am inside my childhood home or another house I lived in. Things are different inside. Then I realize it’s not my place anymore and I am trespassing and I have to get out.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic