Football uniforms

amesclone

Oct 17, 2006
Have been watching all the discussions on the black fb uniforms and have found them interesting, to say the least
I know a lot of you may know but the original colors for Iowa State were silver, black and gold. However they found
it was hard to combine these colors on a uniform so they came up with cardinal and gold. Those original colors were
for the 3 colleges, black for Vet Med, gold for Engineering and Silver for the liberal arts.
And what is unique for Iowa State is that we are, for all the research I've done, the only school that has these as our
school colors, even though some may look the same, for instance Florida State, which is actually garnet and gold.
I don't mind if a few of the home games we wear the black, but to me it would be great if we actually wore
our school colors for the Fiesta Bowl.
I know I'm an old guy and have been watching ISU fb since 1963 but still like the school colors on our uniforms.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Have been watching all the discussions on the black fb uniforms and have found them interesting, to say the least
I know a lot of you may know but the original colors for Iowa State were silver, black and gold. However they found
it was hard to combine these colors on a uniform so they came up with cardinal and gold. Those original colors were
for the 3 colleges, black for Vet Med, gold for Engineering and Silver for the liberal arts.
And what is unique for Iowa State is that we are, for all the research I've done, the only school that has these as our
school colors, even though some may look the same, for instance Florida State, which is actually garnet and gold.
I don't mind if a few of the home games we wear the black, but to me it would be great if we actually wore
our school colors for the Fiesta Bowl.
I know I'm an old guy and have been watching ISU fb since 1963 but still like the school colors on our uniforms.

So... which school colors do you like? Black, Silver, Gold, Cardinal, Yellow? You've covered all the history of all of the colors and then said you "still like the school colors on our uniforms".

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Cardinal and gold for me or the whites, but if Campbell and Co. want the Blacks I'm good with it.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Like JP said, if Matt wants black unis, you give him black unis. This is one area where we can give him what he wants without it costing $. Some people say “give him what he wants” but then get mad when he wants to wear black.

amesclone

Oct 17, 2006
So... which school colors do you like? Black, Silver, Gold, Cardinal, Yellow? You've covered all the history of all of the colors and then said you "still like the school colors on our uniforms".
Black, silver and gold not our school colors, cardinal and
gold are, understand?

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Like JP said, if Matt wants black unis, you give him black unis. This is one area where we can give him what he wants without it costing $. Some people say “give him what he wants” but then get mad when he wants to wear black.

JP mentioned on one of CF's podcasts that Matt was ok going with cardinal for the bowl, but the players wanted black one last time for the pandemic year. They also mentioned that Oregon was considering black if they had been the home team.

• Informative
Reactions: cyclonedave25

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Black, silver and gold not our school colors, cardinal and
gold are, understand?

No. You’re a really bad writer. The way you’ve written this is worse yet. You first said the black, silver, and gold were our original school colors. Now here you say either a) that they are not our school colors, or b) that you want “black, silver and gold not our school colors, cardinal and gold...”.

Guessing you weren’t an English major...

• Friendly
Reactions: jcisuclones

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
ONLY IF HE WANTS WHAT I WANT

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I love the sticker for each player's state. Does any other school do that?

Reactions: Yaz

20eyes

May 15, 2020
I love the sticker for each player's state. Does any other school do that?
Yeah, it's a stroke of genius, imo. It's funny because I look for it now and I've never seen anyone else do it. IIRC, LSU has both the US flag and Louisiana state flag but it's every player. Most others are just the US flag except the Texas schools of course who never miss a chance to rep the Lone Star flag.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron