Fire all the coaches v 4.0

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I can’t remember the last time I cared less about Iowa state basketball. I watched zero Minutes today and just checked the score five minutes ago. Being in Hilton for the shellacking that’s was tx tech just murdered the last shred of care I have.
and honestly can anyone see next year being any different? Im over anger and into sadness/apathy.

I've actually been surprised how much I watched this year but I also kept at least hoping for some growth. There was a bit here and there but it's still been pretty harsh.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Would you trade one 20+ loss coach, Hoiberg, for our 20 loss coach? I would have said no until today, but I might at this point. Still think he gets one more year, but hard to see the talent being enough to improve as much as it would take to save things.

One is starting their tenure and one is in year 5 so kind of a tricky trade.

For me to see ISU really be sustainable they'll need to play some real defense and neither coach fits the bill for that.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
truthfully in most coaching staffs, the coach is an ******* bad cop, and the assistants are the ones that smooth everything over with the kids after they get torn down.

I don’t think that’s the case here. Prohm is the nice guy. And you really can’t have assistants as the bad cop.

hopefully, another school will want him. I don’t know if that’s realistic though.

I think it's likely that Wyoming will be looking for a new coach, even though they had a nice run in the MWC tournament.

But you're right; I don't know if that's at all realistic.

• Agree
Reactions: Cat Stevens

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Prohm with Kennedy is my dream. I just hope Prohm makes a change on his staff.
It’ll be tough to get a proven commodity, but maybe a retread (like when Fred grabbed Doc Sadler).

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
One interesting aspect to the Haliburton injury is that to outsiders, this year is likely viewed differently. Other AD’s can sell to their fanbase that Prohm is successful other than years besieged by injuries. Perhaps Prohm will capitalize on this, and get out of town while he can still land a P6 job?

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Yes, the players may be better next year than this year's players...
...but we still have the same coach who hasn't improved himself as a coach at all...in fact, he's regressed. He has to go Jaime. He can't keep leading this program to the depths of embarrassment it's reached under his guidance and your watch.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Prohm with Kennedy is my dream. I just hope Prohm makes a change on his staff.
It’ll be tough to get a proven commodity, but maybe a retread (like when Fred grabbed Doc Sadler).
Billy Kennedy has Parkinson’s disease and will never coach again.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
So how many of you would trade Prohm for Shaka down at TX. I wouldn't Shaka has similar results with a bigger pay check.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
It’s entertaining to watch him backpeddle from Prohm will be a better coach at Iowa State then CFH. Now he’s hoping that takes a different job.

lol. You are back to making things up again.

There’s a big difference between being real about how fred left, and tried to leave two years before, and being rated as the worst coach in the Nba two consecutive years, and saying prohm is a better coach, because they’re both flawed. I think fred is the better coach most likely, but he was ******* in the nba. And Nebraska was the best job he could get to try to repair his image.

I happen to think Steve’s a decent guy. I hope he lands on his feet.

But I’d worry more about fred winning at Nebraska, since you want that so bad. Their record says they aren’t even close, and there’s no Royce sitting out this year.

Seriously, how crushed would you be if fred failed at Nebraska?

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
He does, but he was fired last spring. He’ll never be a HC again, but an assistant to an old friend in need is possible.

he needs a mentor type, just don’t think it would be Kennedy. His health problems are too much to expect him to be able to coach.

Truthfully, there may not be an option for him.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
lol. You are back to making things up again.

There’s a big difference between being real about how fred left, and tried to leave two years before, and being rated as the worst coach in the Nba two consecutive years, and saying prohm is a better coach, because they’re both flawed. I think fred is the better coach most likely, but he was ******* in the nba. And Nebraska was the best job he could get to try to repair his image.

I happen to think Steve’s a decent guy. I hope he lands on his feet.

But I’d worry more about fred winning at Nebraska, since you want that so bad. Their record says they aren’t even close, and there’s no Royce sitting out this year.

Seriously, how crushed would you be if fred failed at Nebraska?
John Beilien and John Calipari were **** in the NBA. What does that have to do with them as college coaches? Do you think Prohm could ever coach successfully in the NBA?

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
he needs a mentor type, just don’t think it would be Kennedy. His health problems are too much to expect him to be able to coach.

Truthfully, there may not be an option for him.
Hopefully there is an option. Imo as bad as things are, there are still quality basketball coaches that would see it as a good opportunity for various reasons.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron