Fire all the coaches v 4.0

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Easy. Easy, folks!

Don't make JP tweet in support of his coach and take a shot at the ISU fans.

Don't paint him into that corner! Prohm has been a rock strong, take charge guy since the day he landed in Ames! Not the type of guy who can't control a locker room or handle some mean tweets.

Time to stand down, CF!

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Would you trade one 20+ loss coach, Hoiberg, for our 20 loss coach? I would have said no until today, but I might at this point. Still think he gets one more year, but hard to see the talent being enough to improve as much as it would take to save things.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Hey Cat; who do you have winning the ISU-Ia MBB game this December ?

Depends who comes back for Iowa, and if anything positive happens in the off season as far as transfers and jucos.

maybe there will be another Jamaal Tinsley who will look at prohm, and say you don’t have any guards, I’m coming here.

right now, with Garza, and weiskamp, I would assume Iowa by 10 plus.

Gerbs

Aug 31, 2013
I can’t remember the last time I cared less about Iowa state basketball. I watched zero Minutes today and just checked the score five minutes ago. Being in Hilton for the shellacking that’s was tx tech just murdered the last shred of care I have.
and honestly can anyone see next year being any different? Im over anger and into sadness/apathy.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I can’t remember the last time I cared less about Iowa state basketball. I watched zero Minutes today and just checked the score five minutes ago. Being in Hilton for the shellacking that’s was tx tech just murdered the last shred of care I have.
and honestly can anyone see next year being any different? Im over anger and into sadness/apathy.
I must admit it is not as fun to think of the future lineups as normal, but we have some reason for hope.

We will be better next year. But will it be a worthy payoff for 18-36 the past three years?

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
My extended family consists of 20+ grads and many season ticket holders who go to every game and are donors. Not one of us watched or listened to one minute of the game today. We've all lost interest. And it's not hyperbole to say this never happens. I can't think of a time when at least some of the family still wanted to follow games.

And not one of us will go to KC either and many are already set in not getting tickets next year.

I worry how many other fans are like us being apathetic.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I must admit it is not as fun to think of the future lineups as normal, but we have some reason for hope.

We will be better next year. But will it be a worthy payoff for 18-36 the past three years?

We have reason for hope on paper but NONE of that matters without a Big 12 ready PG and I'm not sure we have that next year.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
So we all agree Prohm is likely back next year but what coaching changes do we think we might see. Does he just clean house as a Hail Mary? Any coaches we actually want to see stay?

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
So we all agree Prohm is likely back next year but what coaching changes do we think we might see. Does he just clean house as a Hail Mary? Any coaches we actually want to see stay?

truthfully in most coaching staffs, the coach is an ******* bad cop, and the assistants are the ones that smooth everything over with the kids after they get torn down.

I don’t think that’s the case here. Prohm is the nice guy. And you really can’t have assistants as the bad cop.

hopefully, another school will want him. I don’t know if that’s realistic though.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Would you trade one 20+ loss coach, Hoiberg, for our 20 loss coach? I would have said no until today, but I might at this point. Still think he gets one more year, but hard to see the talent being enough to improve as much as it would take to save things.

Of course, and you are nuts if you wouldn’t take that trade before. What a deal that would be!

Prohm just isn’t getting it done.