Field storm was unnecessary

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Is football even necessary? I mean, it’s just a game. Everyone should spend that time working in the fields instead.

I agree! Get a damn job and stop having any fun, you *****.

The gravy train ends now.

Storming the field isn't necessary, but it's fun as long as you don't get arrested or punched by an opposing player.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Why doesn't the school put something up the fans can tear down after a win since the goalposts won't come down anymore? Field storming's aren't complete without people carrying something down the street and throwing it in a lake.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I don't know what happened at the beginning of it but there were a couple of cops that may have been trying to stop it or something else happened because one of them shoved the ever living **** out of a student backwards. It was like a Mortal Kombat move.

Students breaking through the corridor that security was trying to keep in order for OSU to get off the field.

• Winner
Reactions: deadeyededric

Apr 19, 2006
Why doesn't the school put something up the fans can tear down after a win since the goalposts won't come down anymore? Field storming's aren't complete without people carrying something down the street and throwing it in a lake.
Don't give them any ideas, they might have grabbed Pistol Pete or that ref yesterday.

browns4cy

Sep 3, 2014
I think after the taunting call it was 100% expected. Probably wouldn't have rushed field if that didn't happen

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

I was just going to mention that.

<grandpa voice> back in my day, we stormed the field after every win (all one of them in ‘97) but we didn’t stop there - we tore down the goal post, marched them across campus and threw them in the lake

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

<grandpa voice> back in my day, we stormed the field after every win (all one of them in ‘97) but we didn’t stop there - we tore down the goal post, marched them across campus and threw them in the lake
I sympathize with that. Kids these days seriously don’t get how fortunate they have it. They probably can’t even comprehend one of those, “holyshit!! We’re actually gonna win a game!!!” field storms.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

All the way to Lincoln Way!

Put up some old school wooden "H" style goalposts and rip them down win or lose.

Reactions: bawbie and 19210

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm usually in the 'please don't act like this is a surprise' camp but yesterday was actually very necessary.

Before that shift in the 3rd quarter this season was looking basically exactly like 2019, which wasn't bad historically, but was pretty underwhelming.

This group of players and fans needed that moment yesterday.

Last edited:

Spam

May 21, 2008
Probably was the last home game against a ranked team for Purdy and other seniors.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I sympathize with that. Kids these days seriously don’t get how fortunate they have it. They probably can’t even comprehend one of those, “holyshit!! We’re actually gonna win a game!!!” field storms.
Now we’ve got people like @Darius Bieber and @ZuriCyclone losing their ******* minds when we go down 7-0 in the first quarter.