Favorite CURRENT television show?

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
I can only assume Dexter isn't on more lists because it's on Showtime and not everyone is able to see it. I'd recommend finding a way.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I use to love How i met your mother from the very first episode but i dont like where the show has headed in the past two or so seasons.

I think there were a lot of unhappy people after last season. They seemed more like individual episodes than like a continuing story. This season's first episode was really good, in my opinion. You may want to check it out. The creators have said they're going to "tweak the question". A lot of assumptions is that instead of the focus being "your mother" in terms of who it is, it's going to be the "how I met", in terms of the actual pursuit of the mother. This first episode tended to lean that way as well, as the writers tried to close some open-ended questions. They felt they were leading the viewers on too much.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Jersey Shore? Ouch! I suppose we all have our guilty pleasures, though. Mine would probably be House Hunters: International.
Yeah, I admit I watch it. lol But, sometimes I just love watching pointless drama, especially when it involves decent looking women. :twitcy:

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Really enjoyed the Futurama season that just finished up. So glad that it's back.

The new season of The Venture Brothers just started a couple weeks ago. Easily one of the best written shows out there, and well worth watching for anyone who grew up in the 80's.

It's Always Sunny is still great.

And The League has impressed me a lot as well. I watched last season, and really enjoyed it. This season seems to be picking right up.

cycoticfan

Dec 14, 2008
Johnston IA
the league, fringe, SAMCRO, and good guys right now. when they are on breaking bad, burn notice, justified, white collar and covert ops. I haven't heard when human target returns but it was pretty good too. The event looks a little complicated to last, we'll see. It looks like lost meets flash forward.

RedBlooded

Jun 11, 2010
cedar falls
In no particular order...well...perhaps by channel...

Iron Chef
Man vs Wild
Myth Busters
Modern Marvels
Burn Notice
Warehouse 13
Eureka
Breaking Bad
South Park
Futurama
Simpsons (Hey, I'm gonna stick with it)

Yea, the best spys show ever!

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Those who watch, how would you rank Covert Affairs, Burn Notice, and White Collar? I watched the first season of Covert Affairs. I thought it was okay, but not as good as I was hoping.

bballisu11

Apr 12, 2006
Ames
Dexter
Rescue Me
Eastbound & Down
Its always sunny
The League
Modern Family
Community
Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Mad Men, nothing else is close. Probably the best show in television history.