Fantasy Baseball 2016

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
SIAP, but just had my draft a couple of days ago, so I'm enjoying the excitement before the sudden realization that fantasy baseball will run my life and ruin my every conversation.

This is my first year in a standard points league. I was caught off guard by the very sudden run of starting pitchers. Guys like Stroman and Zimmerman were going before the 10th round. That seemed way too high to me so I decided to load up on elite RP.

Does anyone else play in a points league? Am I screwed if I only have a couple of starting pitchers? I did get Sale and Keuchel.

CyTron

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
NWI
Is there a minimum number of innings for pitchers? I have won a couple of leagues doing what you did but there may be a floor in your league.

cloneteach

Nov 19, 2009
the old saying in points leagues is

"you can win with dominant pitching and mediocre offense, but you can't win with mediocre pitching and dominant offense."

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Is there a minimum number of innings for pitchers? I have won a couple of leagues doing what you did but there may be a floor in your league.

It's low if I remember correctly. 20 innings. Shouldn't be an issue I don't think.

CyTron

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
NWI
It's low if I remember correctly. 20 innings. Shouldn't be an issue I don't think.

If that is the case then you should be OK. You are giving up 2 categories but should be dominant in the other 3. I assume you have near the best hitters to start the year as well.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I assume by points league you mean head2head points league rather than a rotisserie points league.

Going heavy on elite relievers is a great strategy for head to head leagues. It's not so great for roto leagues because in roto leagues, coming in 5th place rather than last in a category makes a big difference.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron