Fallout TV series

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
1 episode in, it definitely captures the fallout vibe.

They certainly didn't shy away from fallout levels of gore either.
Same, enjoying it so far. Hoping a little more of the fallout humor comes through as we go further.

Reactions: Cyeedy

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Same, enjoying it so far. Hoping a little more of the fallout humor comes through as we go further.

“Thou shalt get sidetracked by ********, every damned time” speaks to me as a fallout player who strays far from the main quest

wenkeej

Dec 28, 2015
Cambridge
“Thou shalt get sidetracked by ********, every damned time” speaks to me as a fallout player who strays far from the main quest
You're way too ambitious. I just finished rewatching the last 10 minutes of ep1 before supper because I fell asleep last night. But it seems pretty good so far.

Is it living up to your expectations through ep4?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
You're way too ambitious. I just finished rewatching the last 10 minutes of ep1 before supper because I fell asleep last night. But it seems pretty good so far.

Is it living up to your expectations through ep4?

I thought it was really good. Captured the overall vibe of fallout and the story felt like a fallout story.

Wouldve liked it to be longer, but that's a gripe I have with every show these days it seems.

there's some places online griping about some canon inconsistencies particularly with New Vegas, but those don't bother me

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Man I love the games but had a relatively low expectation for the show. Really liked the first two episodes and my non gamer wife did as well. Well done!

wenkeej

Dec 28, 2015
Cambridge
I thought it was really good. Captured the overall vibe of fallout and the story felt like a fallout story.

Wouldve liked it to be longer, but that's a gripe I have with every show these days it seems.

there's some places online griping about some canon inconsistencies particularly with New Vegas, but those don't bother me
Yeah, the whole "limited series" thing really does a disservice to TV long form character development and story telling.

Some shows are ok like that, but I do miss 20+ episodes with filler character episodes that have a few minutes to move story arcs. Think Buffy.... Still one of my favorites.

• Agree
Reactions: alarson

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
As someone who never played the games, would this be worth watching? I've wanted to play them for a while but just haven't for one reason or another.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
As someone who never played the games, would this be worth watching? I've wanted to play them for a while but just haven't for one reason or another.
Well my wife hasn’t played a game since Mario brothers and she has liked it so far. My take is there is plenty of nods for gamers but the show also tries to stand alone.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
Well my wife hasn’t played a game since Mario brothers and she has liked it so far. My take is there is plenty of nods for gamers but the show also tries to stand alone.
That's what I was hoping. Usually producers are pretty good about not making something that only the biggest fans would be able to follow.

Reactions: CloneIce

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Pretty good series. I've only played 4 so I'm not too knowledgeable about the lore, but I did love to hear a lot of the songs from 4.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
1 episode in, it definitely captures the fallout vibe.

They certainly didn't shy away from fallout levels of gore either.

If this is good I think Amazon may have officially replaced the MCU for scratching the nerd itch. Not necessarily for total views, but certainly for quality.

The Boys, Invincible, and this if it's as good as it could be is a pretty incredible lineup. The Boys and Invincible area absolutely incredible translations of their comics.

HBO/Max in the fight with The Last of Us, and House of Dragons, would be great if they could develop something on the level of 2019 Watchmen again.

Then you've got the incredibly uneven Star Trek and Star Wars offerings on Paramount+ and Disney+ that range from 10 to almost 0.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I’ve liked what I have watched so far, two episodes in, but it brings back the vibe I got with the games. Don’t get me wrong, I loved 3 and 4 as games go, but man, it’s a really depressing situation and left me feeling that way while I was playing them. This show definitely has that same tone, but is worth it so far.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I’ve liked what I have watched so far, two episodes in, but it brings back the vibe I got with the games. Don’t get me wrong, I loved 3 and 4 as games go, but man, it’s a really depressing situation and left me feeling that way while I was playing them. This show definitely has that same tone, but is worth it so far.

76 might be more depressing. I enjoyed it, but man it's bleak at points.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
3 episodes in. Very accurate to the game. Lots of violence. Haven't decided my overall feelings on it yet. The Brotherhood of the Steel character is really awkward. That whole storyline is so far.