Fab Five Documentary

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor
Just finished watching this online and have to say it was the best documentary I have ever seen. I loved these guys and that team, brought back some painful memories. Jimmy King had some awesome dunks for a shooting guard. And Chris Webber was an amazing talent as a teenager. Wonder if we'll ever see that great of a recruiting class again.

Last edited:

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
Seeing that closeline foul in a high school game Jalen received and talking about guys courtside packing ammo and saying, "you might want to miss this or we'll find you in the hood"....ya, I can see how Jalen might have a different perspective on Duke's recruiting practices than some.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Just finished watching this online and have to say it was the best documentary I have ever seen. I loved these guys and that team, brought back some painful memories. Jimmy King had some awesome dunks for a shooting guard. And Chris Webber was an amazing talent as a teenager. Wonder if we'll ever see that great of a recruiting class again.

Kentucky's recent class has to be the closest doesn't it?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Here's a tip: do a google search. Apparently, there are columnists -who are black - and critical of Rose's comments, that "don't get it" either...

Then you all don't get it I guess. Everything he said was in past tense. He indicated more than anything he resented the lifestyle Hill had because he never had that. It was a jealousy he felt when he was a young man. It wasn't how he felt that day. If you can't get that out of it instead of trying to look for a deep seeded dramatic meaning to what he said then fine but it is what he meant and whether you like it or not, it was true. Roses' comments were about what he felt back then. Good grief.

I just watched the whole thing tonight. I thought it was pretty solid. I guess to me there was nothing real earth shattering, but to have all the commentary was interesting.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
And after 2 years I FINALLY got it Tornado. You wouldn't happen to be a Notre Dame fan would you?

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Then you all don't get it I guess. Everything he said was in past tense. He indicated more than anything he resented the lifestyle Hill had because he never had that. It was a jealousy he felt when he was a young man. It wasn't how he felt that day. If you can't get that out of it instead of trying to look for a deep seeded dramatic meaning to what he said then fine but it is what he meant and whether you like it or not, it was true.

Good god - talk about "dramatic" - it was Jalen Rose who used the word "Uncle Tom" when describing black players at Duke. How's that for "drama?"
He could have said Duke "only recruited rich kids" and gotten the same point across, but he chose instead the worst, most inflammatory term possible.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Good god - talk about "dramatic" - it was Jalen Rose who used the word "Uncle Tom" when describing black players at Duke. How's that for "drama?"
He could have said Duke "only recruited rich kids" and gotten the same point across, but he chose instead the worst, most inflammatory term possible.

But he didn't mean rich kids which is why he didn't say it. My point was that everyone has made this out to be him calling Hill and Uncle Tom in the present when he wasn't but, like always, people took it out of context and created some media controversy that was never intended when he said what he said.

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor
I agree Yaman......he was simply stating how he felt as a neglected(by his father, an NBA player) 19 year old kid.