F1 2023 Discussion

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Do they try to make this race as cringe as possible? The car ride to the podium, the driver intros before the race, the fake marina.
It is Miami. The whole city is kind of like that. You either love it or you hate it. It’s probably the main reason I’ve only been there one time.

In Miami’s defense though, is it really much different than Monaco? Monaco is the worst actual race on the calendar, but is the pinnacle of F1. When it comes to street races, it’s more about the show and the party than it is the actual race.

If I ever go to another F1 race, it will probably be Spa. Where you can sit in the beautiful countryside and watch a race.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Considering the Miami race is in a parking lot it's a decent race. Max is just so far ahead of everybody it makes it seem way worse of a race than it is. All the stuff around the race is really dumb but it's also very Miami. I'm looking forward to Imola in a couple weeks, that's usually a decent race.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Considering the Miami race is in a parking lot it's a decent race. Max is just so far ahead of everybody it makes it seem way worse of a race than it is. All the stuff around the race is really dumb but it's also very Miami. I'm looking forward to Imola in a couple weeks, that's usually a decent race.
Yeah, it definitely wasn't the track, it's Red Bull/Max being just head and shoulders above the rest of the field right now. There was a decent amount of overtaking back in the back and drivers were able to move forward. The other problem is Sky Sports mostly focusing on the front runners.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Nobody will catch RB but hopefully someone closes the gap a bit more as the season goes on so it doesn't take a double DNF for someone else to win. Mercedes is talking about a big upgrade at Imola.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
At some point they'll likely have to take penalties for new engines or gear boxes, if teams use that opportunity and maybe also get a little lucky someone else could sneak in there.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
It's going to be a lot like the previous years with Mercedes. In a pure race, nobody is touching RB & Max (maybe Checo).

It'll be all the other things that cause problems. Like this past weekend. Max having to start P9 due to the red flag in quali, puts him right in the middle of the scrum for the first couple of corners. Lots of innocent bystanders in those first corner wrecks. Maybe trying to stay out to long of slicks instead of going to inters (ala Norris a few yeras back). Or just an outright mechanical failure. Stuff just breaks.