F1 2022 Discussion

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Ditched our YouTube TV today since the only thing that gets watched during the summer is F1. I signed up for F1 TV.

I see there are a bunch of documentaries and stuff. Any recommendations on what to watch?

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Ditched our YouTube TV today since the only thing that gets watched during the summer is F1. I signed up for F1 TV.

I see there are a bunch of documentaries and stuff. Any recommendations on what to watch?
Honestly I mostly just use it for current week events (practices to qualifying and races), but I did watch a bit of the F2 documentary series (Chasing the Dream) which was pretty entertaining.

Good way to find out a little more on upcoming talent and it’s a good way to satisfy the DTS fix once you’re done with that.

Reactions: AgronAlum

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Was never big into racing, but started watching Drive to Survive recently on Netflix and starting to get hooked. Excited to start gambling and following some of these racers more closely.

Cleaver

Jul 9, 2015
Was never big into racing, but started watching Drive to Survive recently on Netflix and starting to get hooked. Excited to start gambling and following some of these racers more closely.
Welcome aboard dude. The more that you watch, the more that you get drawn into all the storylines throughout the year. It's definitely more than racing and you can find ways to be entertained watching guys battle it out for 10th as you do the lead.

Reactions: stuclone

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Welcome aboard dude. The more that you watch, the more that you get drawn into all the storylines throughout the year. It's definitely more than racing and you can find ways to be entertained watching guys battle it out for 10th as you do the lead.
It is crazy to me that drivers announce their team for the next year and the pressure these guys are under just to earn a seat if they know only 1 is available on their team. Also fun that a lot of these guys biggest rival is their other teammate. Only on season 1, so I know a lot has changed since then, but Leclerc is one of my favorite guys so far

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Honestly I mostly just use it for current week events (practices to qualifying and races), but I did watch a bit of the F2 documentary series (Chasing the Dream) which was pretty entertaining.

Good way to find out a little more on upcoming talent and it’s a good way to satisfy the DTS fix once you’re done with that.

I’m worried about getting too into F2, F3 and FE with it now. I saw there’s a Porsche series it covers too which is weird because they’re not a part of F1 (yet).

Ive grown to love Porsches cars over the last few years though and I’ve grown a fascination with them. I’m hoping that it’s my next with my wife’s approval. A Panamera seems like a nice family roadster. I hope they enter F1 since I don’t really have a true constructor to root for yet.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
I’m worried about getting too into F2, F3 and FE with it now. I saw there’s a Porsche series it covers too which is weird because they’re not a part of F1 (yet).

Ive grown to love Porsches cars over the last few years though and I’ve grown a fascination with them. I’m hoping that it’s my next with my wife’s approval. A Panamera seems like a nice family roadster. I hope they enter F1 since I don’t really have a true constructor to root for yet.
I don’t really have enough time to watch every practice session or even many races (maybe a handful max in a season across the lower tiers) but there’s good racing to watch for sure. I’ve honestly enjoyed throwing a W-Series race on in the background while I work every now and then. Which I don’t understand how that’s not on F1TV but the Porsche series is.. lol

Reactions: AgronAlum

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
What a bloody mess. Results are final now though.

Max on Pole, Charles 2.
Lando 3, Kevin 4.

Of other note: Both Merc out in Q2, LH barely got out of Q1.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
That was a wild quali with all the red flags. I think Max was going to have it regardless although I think Checo was up big on his last flying lap before he went off track.

After listening to K Mag on Beyond the Grid, I think he’s going to be my guy the season. Seeing Gunter and Haas doing well gets me kind of giddy during the races.

• Agree
Reactions: JHUNSY