Excellent coaching and the training facility

Newell

Aug 6, 2013
Iowa State physically was every bit as good as Oklahoma.

Not sure what to attribute the Louisiana loss to - perhaps lack of practice time due to covid. If this team stays healthy there is a legitimate chance at a conference title.

Reactions: BigD

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale

Not sure what to attribute the Louisiana loss to - perhaps lack of practice time due to covid. If this team stays healthy there is a legitimate chance at a conference title.
As I said back then the Louisiana game we looked the better team. We made execution mistakes that killed us. I really think that the weird schedule has caused slow starts for a number of teams.

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
As I said back then the Louisiana game we looked the better team. We made execution mistakes that killed us. I really think that the weird schedule has caused slow starts for a number of teams.
It felt like we over looked Louisiana and they wanted it more. Absolute trap game from the start

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

CMC let something slip on Tuesday’s press conference that I found interesting.

He actually said that because of COVID, on Louisiana week 50% of the team was only on their second week of conditioning.

As opposed to the month the rest of the team had had. And he literally said “fifty per cent”.

I think that helps explains why we haven’t seen certain guys yet (like Grant Treiber), and others are just now starting to work their way into the playing rotation. They’re just now getting into safe game shape.

(This is an example of why I like to listen to the press conferences themselves)

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

He actually said that because of COVID, on Louisiana week 50% of the team was only on their second week of conditioning.

As opposed to the month the rest of the team had had. And he literally said “fifty per cent”.

I think that helps explains why we haven’t seen certain guys yet (like Grant Treiber), and others are just now starting to work their way into the playing rotation. They’re just now getting into safe game shape.

(This is an example of why I like to listen to the press conferences themselves)
That could explain why the entire team looked so damned slow that game. Felt like they all had cement in their shoes.

Reactions: Aclone

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
There could be a Covid impact, but Campbell's teams have started slow each year- just look at our Sep record. We made UNI look like a solid team last year.

IMO Campbell's methodical approach was a bigger reason for the LA loss than Covid.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

During the post game both CF guys had a rough go. Rob couldn't get off mute and Stans faded out at the end of his question.

Help Support Us

Become a patron