Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
I could not get my roku or firestick espn+ to work properly until i unsubscribed and subscribed a month later on my phone. All sync issues and non playing issues went away. It didn't like the interface for some reason. Works better on my computer too- Not saying it will fix everything but it works on all my devices now which didn't before. Volleyball was so slow and muddy it was unwatchable via roku. No upgrades in internet service router etc coincidence?

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
The Missouri Valley has been on the ESPN3/ESPN+ platform for 5 years and I can count on one hand the number of issues I've had using several different devices and platforms.

This is nothing more than people not liking change and not adapting to a 'new' way to consume something that is being presented differently than it was before.

• Informative
Reactions: cygrads

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
The Missouri Valley has been on the ESPN3/ESPN+ platform for 5 years and I can count on one hand the number of issues I've had using several different devices and platforms.

This is nothing more than people not liking change and not adapting to a 'new' way to consume something that is being presented differently than it was before.
Read what the article said. The game was cut off multiple times and came back from commercial late and game time was missed by viewers

• Optimistic
Reactions: 5Cy

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I watched on my PC. The camera work was bad. I mean think about watching from the birds' nest atop your press box, that was the view for parts of the game from one camera, the others were out of commission. The picture quality itself was fine on my PC, but I understand it did not transmit well through devices to the TV. The production was bad. The talent was worse. It was definitely one of those summarized by: well, at least I got to see the game.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
So will the 8 schools providing content receive more money from the ESPN television contract than OU and UT? Seems that if these schools are giving up the rights, you can't just keep distributing it evenly.

Are you kidding me? This is the Bleeping Big 12 where glorification of TU and OU is the fricking norm......

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I like what they said about ESPN re...Now you pay $100 a year and next year it with espnplus it will be $160.....for the SAME CONTENT.....why you ask?.....Cable Cutters......I think a lot of people will buy the espnplus for just the months that their team is on that platform...then its UNSUBSCRIBE BABY....Include me in that group...lol.....

• Disagree
Reactions: UNI1ISU2

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
This just sets the stage for the upcoming grant of media rights that runs out in 2024. Nothing more, nothing less. Right now this is a good deal for the Big 12, they are moving all level 3 content except for OU and UT to ESPN.

The big question we all have to worry about is UT and OU willing to stay in the Big 12, many think UT is the key school, I disagree, to me the key school is OU.
UT has the LHN signed with ESPN until 2031 or so, they are locked into ESPN and that will bar them from moving to the Big 10. Texas will never join the SEC with aTm already there, they could do the independent deal and join the ACC, but that means more travel. They will stay and continue to run the Big 12.

OU is another matter, they and OSU could jump to the SEC in a moment, or try and join the Big 10 without being an AAU school, and let OSU head to the SEC.

It will get interesting over the next few years, but this is a great first step to insuring the future of the Big 12 as it now stands.

You are sooo right re OU and Okie State jumping to another conference together.....

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: UNI1ISU2 and Latto

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I was all on board with this when it was being spun as 3rd tier only. I figured the price point and quality would be better than what we have had with CyTV. But getting conference games exclusively on this platform sucks. There is no way you can make the case that this is better than what we have had before with all conference football and MBB games on ESPN and Fox channels.

BoilerClone

Dec 1, 2010
Indiana
My plan is to drop Netflix and replace it with the Disney+, Hulu, EPSN+ bundle for $12/month in November. Already pay $13 for Netflix... so I'll be saving money.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I only read page 1 and page 9, so if this was already addressed, so be it. The Kansas @ Iowa State men's basketball game will be on this streaming only ESPN + platform. I'm never going to stream, so they have lost me for this game and others. I'll either go in person or listen on the radio. Seems to me, the ESPN + is going to turn many ISU games from being an easy National Game on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU to a pain in the ass game to see by streaming only on ESPN + App. Bad move for ISU IMO, as this will definitely decrease Iowa State's National exposure. Not an issue for me personally though, as I am just fine turning on the radio to listen to any ISU football or basketball game.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I watched on my PC. The camera work was bad. I mean think about watching from the birds' nest atop your press box, that was the view for parts of the game from one camera, the others were out of commission.

Was that the portion of the game when severe weather was in the area? Because the standard practice in those cases is to lock down the cameras, remove the operators, and just leave 1 camera functional.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Was that the portion of the game when severe weather was in the area? Because the standard practice in those cases is to lock down the cameras, remove the operators, and just leave 1 camera functional.
Yes, standard procedure, however, the working camera was so far from the action it was like looking at play from atop the Empire State Building. After awhile they refocused that camera so we could follow the action. Very poor production. Football is much more difficult than hoops.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
So I watched only a few minutes of the KSU/OSU on my Apple TV the picture was great. I also had the start of the KNu/OSU in PIP. Both pictures were great and swapping was seamless. The espn app on AppleTV is fantastic.

That said ESPN+ is the future. I am almost certain that all future tv deals with ESPN with be + first. Cable and Satelite will be dead soon after the these current tv deals are done. Ultimately the B12 is ahead of the curve here. The rest are playing catch-up.

also if you have + do yourself a favor and watch NFL Primetime with boomer and TJ. Yes Booner is Boomer. But it is the best highlight show. If you wait till Tuesday they add the SNF and MNF highlights.

BoilerClone

Dec 1, 2010
Indiana
How will you watch live sports not on EPSN+? Fire up the antenna and watch old school "Farm TV"?

We also have AT&T TV Now. (Used to be DirecTV Now.). It’s a streaming TV provider like sling or YouTubeTV.

I was just making the point that the upcoming Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle is a pretty good deal at $12/month to pick up ESPN+. And for us it will just replace Netflix, so it’ll be a wash.

We also have an antenna that’s hooked up to an HD HomeRun digital tuner, so we can watch over-the-air TV on our AppleTV.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron