chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
The point here is not that I'm stupid, I'll give you that, the point is that the ESPN strategy is in full play and working.
Curious when you're going to find me the posts where I defended Bill Self? I mean you created a thread to call me out, and you have yet to deliver any proof. I haven't posted that much over the past few years, so if you have this much time to set up your Roku (lol) you have time to find these posts.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
Ease of use. With satellite and cable you generally have to deal with it once every two years or longer if you don’t care about the prices. As I’ve mentioned previously I have crappy internet and don’t have options for faster speeds. I can stream it already but it requires turning on my Xbox getting out the controller and also switching inputs. Is that super complicated no but it is annoying and I’d rather not deal with it.

For someone who is looking to skimp on costs and willing to work at getting the best deals and arrangement it probably works fine. The vast majority of people though are lazy and don’t want to deal with it. The amount I’m willing to spend to just not have to deal with crap is probably in the $30 range. I will stream for some stuff mostly Netflix because it is built into Dish and it doesn’t cost me anything.

People don’t understand that the average person doesn’t want to deal with crap. I know my parents will just not watch the games.
To stream on my tv requires picking up a remote and pressing buttons. When I made the decision to go streaming, I did the research and found out which tv was the simplest and gave me the most choices. I bought a Roku tv. My wife who is not good with technology thinks it is much easier than when we had a satellite dish.

And I would say that probably about 75% of the people I know own a Roku or Fire device. Yes there are people who it will be complicated for, but they are in the minority and if they really want to watch, they will figure it out, or ask someone to help them.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron