MLB: ESPN MLB Coverage

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
Is anyone else annoyed seeing the Phillies play on ESPN seemingly all the time? I swear it seems they have at least 2 games/week on the 4 letter network....

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
Nope. I get sick of watching all of the Yankees and Red Sox games that they put on.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
How dare they show the most popular/best teams! They need to show more Royals/Twins games! That'll bring in the viewers!

Someone's a little touchy. I guess if my team spent truckloads of money to finish 2nd in the division year in and year out, I would be a little crabby too.

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
Someone's a little touchy. I guess if my team spent truckloads of money to finish 2nd in the division year in and year out, I would be a little crabby too.

I'm not the one that is ******** about my team not being popular enough to get on TV. Also, it's not my money so why would I care how much they spend?

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
How dare they show the most popular/best teams! They need to show more Royals/Twins games! That'll bring in the viewers!
I'm sorry, I thought the MLB had more than 5-6 teams, I guess I should pass this info along to ESPN......So you also had to bring Twins and Royals into the discussion because that's where you're internet tough-guy persona could probably draw the most reaction? pitiful.....:no:

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
ESPN = Business
Businesses want to make money.
Yankees/BoSox/Phillies = popular teams
Popular teams = big audience
Big audience = big advertising $$$

I'm ****** ABC only shows Iowa State on a national broadcast every couple years! Those bastards!

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
ESPN = Business
Businesses want to make money.
Yankees/BoSox/Phillies = popular teams
Popular teams = big audience
Big audience = big advertising $$$

I'm ****** ABC only shows Iowa State on a national broadcast every couple years! Those bastards!

It makes sense because Boston, NY and Philly are 3 of the biggest markets (and with 3 of the biggest fan bases) so putting them on tv means $$$. An argument could be made for the Dodgers/Angels, but being in the Pacific Time Zone, not many people in the rest of the U.S. are willing to stay up til midnight or 1 a.m. to watch the rest of the game.