Eli King and Demarion Watson

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
Looks like their teams are facing each other January 29. Heard a lot of good things about King, but not much about Watson. Excited to see them both in Cyclone uniforms next year. Anyone have the scoop on these 2 and who their game might compare to?

Am I reading Watson's jersey correct, in that he plays for Totino Grace?

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Kaner04

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2019
Looks like their teams are facing each other January 29. Heard a lot of good things about King, but not much about Watson. Excited to see them both in Cyclone uniforms next year. Anyone have the scoop on these 2 and who their game might compare to?

Watson is 6’8” with a 7ft + wingspan and is the best shooter coming in this class and is really athletic. He really struggled in his recent AAU season during the summer. Think it was just loss of confidence. Seems to have it back now and has been putting up really good performances in every game. King is 6’3”, is a good shooter and is also a great athlete. He just came back from a knee injury and surgery during the summer and is returning to atheltic form. People who cover MN high school basketball have been saying King is a dark horse for Gatorade player of the year which in MN is very impressive in my opinion. I think both their teams are ranked #1 in their respective classes. From everything I’ve seen they both show the ability to be plus defenders as well.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Watson is 6’8” with a long wingspan and is the best shooter coming in this class and is really athletic. He really struggled in his recent AAU season during the summer. Think it was just loss of confidence. Seems to have it back now and has been putting up really good performances in every game. Think King is a good shooter and is also a great athlete. He just came back from a knee injury and surgery during the summer and is returning to atheltic form. From everything I’ve seen they both show the ability to be plus defenders
What positions do both project to defend? Does King have the lateral quickness to defend guards, or is he purely a wing that has a developing offensive game? Seems like Watson could be a great small ball four.

Kaner04

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2019
What positions do both project to defend? Does King have the lateral quickness to defend guards, or is he purely a wing that has a developing offensive game? Seems like Watson could be a great small ball four.
Other people could probably be better suited to answer this than me but I’d say Watson could potentially guard 1-4. He needs to hit the weight room and fill out a little bit. King could guard 1-3. I think we’re bringing in 3 very athletic players that can guard multiple positions. And yes Watson is your prototypical small ball 4 I believe

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Watson is 6’8” with a 7ft + wingspan and is the best shooter coming in this class and is really athletic. He really struggled in his recent AAU season during the summer. Think it was just loss of confidence. Seems to have it back now and has been putting up really good performances in every game. King is 6’3”, is a good shooter and is also a great athlete. He just came back from a knee injury and surgery during the summer and is returning to atheltic form. People who cover MN high school basketball have been saying King is a dark horse for Gatorade player of the year which in MN is very impressive in my opinion. I think both their teams are ranked #1 in their respective classes. From everything I’ve seen they both show the ability to be plus defenders as well.

What are their respective classes and how many are there in MN?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
King was a p5 level football recruit too right? What position was he projected to play?

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Can either of them(or Taimen I guess) shoot?

Ive heard Kings speciality is slashing and driving

Watson can shoot

Lipsey can create. Wouldn’t say he’s a great shooter right now, but I’d guess he’ll be one of the hardest workers a team full of hard workers next year.

Reactions: exCYtable

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Watson can shoot

Lipsey can create. Wouldn’t say he’s a great shooter right now, but I’d guess he’ll be one of the hardest workers a team full of hard workers next year.
I've learned it's best to not respond to sparky questions.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids

Watson can shoot

Alright, I'm on board with all that. Feels a lot like our football team, if we can find consistent offense and keep the defense where we're at then we'll be a force.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
I can for sure see how that came off snarky after the game we just played but it was a legit question. I don't really know too much about any of our freshmen for next year.
Don't worry, I asked the same thing in a different thread. From what the responses were, Watson is probably the best shooter of the bunch. I like that they're all touted to be good defenders, but I do worry that this team is clearly in desperate need of more consistent shooting from outside and feel it needs to be addressed over the off-season.

• Agree
Reactions: exCYtable and brycy

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Grill is our best 3 pt. shooter but cant play 38 minutes of hounding D like Brockington etc. Kalschuer is our next best 3 pt. shooter ....well, on an occasional streaky day.
Kunc was out of the game w/fouls and mentally from the get go, but doesn't shoot them often.
He's our bonus shooter if he can knock down a few now and then you'll take it.

So.... yes, a consistent outside shooter would be good.
Transfer portal needs to produce this for next year.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonehomer