El Camino

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Finished it this morning before the family woke up. Loved it! Good way to tie off Jessie's story, same as was done for Walt.

Can we get an online petition started to have a Badger-Skinny Pete buddy show?

The initial scene where you see them playing video games sort of seemed like a riff on Paul Rudd and Seth Rogan's scenes in "40-Year Old Virgin" that were similar.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I’m not director but some things I would’ve done OR questions that weren’t answered:

30 minutes less of the sunset or traffic leading to transitions - I think this led to me thinking it was moving slow

What happened to Badger and the car

Skinny’s process of getting the cops off Jesses tail

Skyler/Maries relationship...seems like their husbands were wiped off and they were forgotten

Also, I wonder if loose ends were intentionally left for spin offs or other movies. Vince Gilligan seems like a genus at leaving just enough loose ends (Saul, this movie) to allow for spin offs.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I was anticipating Jessie being “cleaned” to Nebraska and seeing Saul.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Thought it was a great way to tie off the Jessie character's story arc. I liked how it balanced fan service and humorous elements in telling an authentic Breaking Bad story, and it felt like it fit with the rest of the series despite the five year hiatus bringing it to the screen.

Jesse was always the good guy contrasted against WW's darker character. It was good to see him escape in the end rather than it just being implied by the ending of BB. There were some really good performances as well, especially the intensity of the Robert Forster role and the very believable work by the dude playing Todd.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone06

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I liked it, thought the ending scene was a fitting reward for everything he had to go thru. Agree that Todd (Jesse Plemons) looked way too bloated. Robert Forster (Ed, the vacuum cleaner guy) looked really old, and as it turns out, he just died. He was great in Jackie Brown, actually got an oscar nomination for playing the part of Max Cherry, the bail bondsman.

Now, I'm looking forward to Season 3 of Ozark.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I wish Jesse would have done what he should have in the desert.

Umm, impossible. Todd is in the final shootout scene of BB and Jesse strangles him. Doubt Gilligan or the producers would be dumb enough to have an obvious time travel continuum glitch in the story.

Besides, it reinforced the PTSD aspect.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
What is that Aimee Mann song?

She's technically just a guest on it, but it's super-identifiable as her. I was listening to the credits and said, "Well, THAT has to be Aimee Mann":

• Informative
Reactions: MartyFine