snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA

GUEST_207200116130_1214438502.gif

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Am I the only one who thinks this will only sway one game... maybe? It might only effect the Michigan game. I think we win out in Non-con and the Michigan game was leaning towards us and now it is ever so slightly leaning towards Michigan.

You serious Clark? Besides Michigain, we play AT BYU, UNI (on a neutral floor), Auburn and maybe Iowa in that timeframe. It's a huge, huge blow to an already inexperienced team.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Optimist here... He just injured it yesterday. His knee is probably flared up or swollen today. The trainers could be projecting 4-6 weeks as a caution. Michigan is over two weeks away. He could be back. Maybe?

I was wondering that as well.....Michigan game would be 18 days away from his injury. My guess is he'll come back ASAP.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
One thing of note, the committee does take into account injuries. So if we take care of business in the games we should win even without Ejim, it shouldn't effect our tourney status. Even with Ejim we can afford to lose to Michigan and BYU. Auburn and Northern Iowa are going to be important non-conference games. Games that we should win, but will be more difficult to win without Ejim.
Uh...how about if we just go ahead and win those games?

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Well ****...

Didn't we have enough Cyclone luck with football. Goodness, this sucks. Michigan is going to be tougher now. He may make it back in time for Iowa, but his timing, footwork, skills and conditioning will not be very good so that game will be a major challenge too. Now I am really ****** over this Bubu situation. We lost a player to Oregon because we did not have schollies, we need that guy really bad now. Why the hell did they wait so long to clear up that situation? It cost a a scholarship player that we needed.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I am very curious to see what type of line-ups Hoiberg toys around with before Michigan comes to town. I can see a lot of variables and one is bound to work nicely without Ejim.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
You serious Clark? Besides Michigain, we play AT BYU, UNI (on a neutral floor), Auburn and maybe Iowa in that timeframe. It's a huge, huge blow to an already inexperienced team.

BYU ain't as tough as you think. I don't see them being a top 25 team like most people but I am in the minority. UNI should be easier than you are making it out to be. Auburn ain't that good and Hilton will be on fire for Iowa and I don't see them being amazing like the rest of Iowa seems to think.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
BYU ain't as tough as you think. I don't see them being a top 25 team like most people but I am in the minority. UNI should be easier than you are making it out to be. Auburn ain't that good and Hilton will be on fire for Iowa and I don't see them being amazing like the rest of Iowa seems to think.

It doesn't matter how good or bad BYU is this year. That venue is like Hilton. Very difficult to come away with a win...

WDMCyclone

Feb 5, 2013
WDM/Ames, Iowa
KenPom ratings of ISU's first 6 opponents (Ejim prob returns 12/7 for UNI): 289, 333, 12, 48, 238, 175. Two losses, tops. Won't hurt resume that bad.

CyKings

Jun 5, 2013
Kansas City, KS
Alright, so we still win our 1st 2 games, struggle against Michigan, if we lose, it's still not a bad loss, and in the committee's eyes, we'd have been without our arguably 2nd best to best player... struggle against BYU on the road... still not a bad loss, and again we'd be without our 2nd best player... and then if it's just 4 weeks he's back.
I mean it's a sucky situation, I'd much rather have him... but I'd rather this happened now, than right before big12 play.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Am I the only one who doesn't think he''l be back near 4 weeks? My guess is 6+.

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Insert animated gif of ajk4st8 Getting hit with soap in the sock via full metal jacket

If cw doesnt delete that thread someone else will get injured. Im srs again. And yes, im extremely superstitious....

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Am I the only one who doesn't think he''l be back near 4 weeks? My guess is 6+.

I've been doing some googling, most say 2-4 weeks depending on factors of course. Unless their is ligament or tendon damage, and then he'd be out for the year most likely. I'm assuming it won't be more than 4.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron