Edozie

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I like what Edozie was able to come in and do, but Percy is a better basketball player at this point in his career, especially in terms of fundamentals. Would like to see him get similar opportunities.
This is not true at all. If Gibson had better fundamentals, particularly in defense, he would have been playing the last two years.

Last edited:

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
I haven't seen a basketball player yet that didn't make the occasional mistake when they're in there, particularly during a big game. I would have to guess that Daniel gives Fred more of what he wants right now (and he does have size on Percy). I do think that Percy has been better in his last couple appearances at working within the flow of things though.
percy is an inch taller and has 30 pounds on him.. plus I think he has longer arms as well.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
I like what Edozie was able to come in and do, but Percy is a better basketball player at this point in his career, especially in terms of fundamentals. Would like to see him get similar opportunities.

Not to put down Edozie or anything. He played great defense, and rebounded ok, but I also saw a lot of things that others on here have mentioned. The double box-out leaving a UNC player un-boxed for an easy offensive rebound and put back, and letting his man catch it too low on the block. You could tell they (UNC) were picking on him. He put up a pretty good fight though. I could probably count on one hand how many times he touched the ball on offense, which essentially made it so that UNC had a 5-4 advantage when ISU had the ball.

I agree offensively Percy is ahead of Edozie, but Daniel is so much quicker and athletic. Jmo but I think Percy would struggle to keep up with the athletic bigs we're facing now in the tournament.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
We'll need another good 10-15 minutes out of him Friday (and hopefully Sunday)

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Edozie also had 2 effective fouls. UNC's bigs were only 8 of 13 from the line. The fouls and double-downs showed a willingness to play some defense in the paint. His 16 minutes helped keep Ejim and Hogue out of early foul trouble and allowed them to play more of their normal games.

Last edited:

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

Not to put down Edozie or anything. He played great defense, and rebounded ok, but I also saw a lot of things that others on here have mentioned. The double box-out leaving a UNC player un-boxed for an easy offensive rebound and put back, and letting his man catch it too low on the block. You could tell they (UNC) were picking on him. He put up a pretty good fight though. I could probably count on one hand how many times he touched the ball on offense, which essentially made it so that UNC had a 5-4 advantage when ISU had the ball.

You would think if Gibson was better, he'd be playing more.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I was really thinking Naz would start and was surprised that Edozie was in. But he played well, considering the circumstances. :yes:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
...people are forgetting a key factor--fouls. Fouls are going to get called, and they need to be spread out.

I think it's fantastic that a player can mainly sit for most of the season, and then just comes in on the biggest stage that ISU's been on in forever, and handles himself the way he did.

For missed assignments, etc., that's going to happen when someone in his position hasn't played game speed, especially against the skill sets that UNC had. I think it's crazy that ISU was able to have that much success against their bigs.