Dodgers 2.0

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA
The Dodgers are going to look very different up the middle this year, Hanley Ramirez to the BoSox, Dee Gordon to the Marlins, so they'll have a new SS, (Rollins), new 2B, (Kendrick), and a 1A rookie, (Joc Pederson?), starting in CF. There's a new C in the mix that they got in a trade with the Padres for Kemp who will probably spell AJ Ellis quite a bit.

Gotta get some runs and defense for that starting staff, which also picked up a nice addition, (McCarthy?), from the Yankees. Now to fix the bullpen...

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Completely different look. Could be good, could be bad. I for one think that shaking up the team THAT much will probably keep them from winning the title right away, but give them a year or two to start getting everything going and their set.

cykocy

Dec 22, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Im not sure I like what's going on or not yet. Catcher should be a big upgrade since Ellis was pretty much terrible till the playoffs. Time will tell. I gotta think the outfield will start off with Crawford/Puig and Ethier with Pederson and Van Slyke coming off the bench though. Infield should be pretty solid with Rollins buying us a year till Seager is ready. all I know is that the last couple years have been incredibally frustrating come playoff time and lets not forget Mattingly is still going to be the manager :confused:

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
As long as they keep running into St. Louis in the postseason, they can do whatever they want.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Not impressed, Shifting chairs on the deck of the Titantic,

Uh, ok.

Kershaw/Greinke/Ryu are the best top 3 rotation in the game. They are still going after another starter. They solidified the middle infield, which was terrible defensively last year and outside of Gordon's speed, not great offensively. Kemp was a baby and time will tell if he'll ever be the same pre-injuries. They've got some holes still, but they aren't done dealing.

You need to re-boot.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Uh, ok.

Kershaw/Greinke/Ryu are the best top 3 rotation in the game. They are still going after another starter. They solidified the middle infield, which was terrible defensively last year and outside of Gordon's speed, not great offensively. Kemp was a baby and time will tell if he'll ever be the same pre-injuries. They've got some holes still, but they aren't done dealing.

You need to re-boot.

This is kind of how I feel about the Dodgers. They won 94 games but seemed to lack something? Kemp's attitude won't be missed along with his games missed. His bat? If he hits like he did in the playoffs, trading him might look bad...but it was time for him to move on! If SD is bad...Kemp will be hurt most of the season!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron