DirecTV question

CYTruck

Jan 3, 2010
I have been having the same problem... its only on my HR24 receiver. The others don't do it.
Reading on the internet.. its certain HD channels cause it more than others.... on Sundays.. my HD NFL games do it a lot.
Not sure what can be done to fix it.. yet... going to contact Directv this week....

jbell71464

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Just saw this thread. I have had Directv for years. My last house was the first one to not be able to reach the dish. My oldest son helped me come up with the snow solution. We filled his Super Soaker with 50/50 antifreeze and water. Can easily reach the dish. Snow comes right off (use hot water for even better results). All channels back on!

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Just saw this thread. I have had Directv for years. My last house was the first one to not be able to reach the dish. My oldest son helped me come up with the snow solution. We filled his Super Soaker with 50/50 antifreeze and water. Can easily reach the dish. Snow comes right off (use hot water for even better results). All channels back on!

That must be an interesting sight for the neighbors to see in the middle of winter.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
When rain turns to ice and ice to snow regardless how hard the wind blows, that huge antenna up in the attic still brings us crystal clear HD TV. My sports are all provided by high speed internet. Thank you Century Link!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron