DeJulius Thread: What I'm hearing

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
And won the Big 12 tourney in between those 2 misses, but let's not give credit for that.

He absolutely should get credit for those. But you have to look at the totality of the last five years as compared to the other teams in this conference:
Wins over last five years:
KU 149
West Virginia 116
Baylor 114
Texas Tech 113
Kansas State 99
Oklahoma 97
TCU 96
Iowa State 95
Texas 90
Oklahoma State 83

In the last three years:

Kansas 85-21
Texas Tech 76-30
Baylor 65-33
West Virginia 62-42
Kansas State 61-42
TCU 60-42
Texas 59-43
Oklahoma 57-40
Oklahoma State 51-49
Iowa State 48-50

And fair or unfair CSP doesn’t get the benefit of starting out his tenure at Iowa State after the previous regime failed.

Last edited:

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Are you sure you’re not the fish?

“But the 2019 Big 12 Tournament!” is overplayed. Not-good-enough coaches can have moments of success. Kevin Ollie won the National Title after all!

I would be content to trade sucking for a while if it means we win a natty.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
ok success is measured by his overall record when handed a team that could go to a Final Four. You want to go check his Big 12 record and his overall since being in Ames?
Success is measured by overall record, I agree with that. Your statement that he was handed a team that could go to the final four is stupid, considering the same team lost in the first round a year before. They also did go to the Sweet 16, I don't know how anyone in their right mind could consider a Sweet 16 that year a disappointment. It's happened like 4-5 times in Iowa State history?

We sucked last year, we sucked 3 year ago. Complain about that, that's fair game. Complaining about only making the sweet 16? That is dumb.

I'm glad he wasn't fired this off season. I think that is way too short of a leash and is a terrible look for trying to hire a new coach. If they suck again next year, I think it'll be the right time to let him go.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Good memories.

Any thoughts on why that quality of play is so fleeting, even on that team?

Don't know, and can't speak for curt......but after 23 wins and this:

iowa-state-big-12-finals.png

...I'm not searching for what went "wrong".

Reactions: aauummm

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
And won the Big 12 tourney in between those 2 misses, but let's not give credit for that.
If you look at that in full context, it just gives you an idea of how poorly he did as a coach for most of the rest of the season. We greatly underperformed and then lost in the first round of the NCAA's because of inept coaching. Dude just isn't that good at this level. It is what it is.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Are you sure you’re not the fish?

“But the 2019 Big 12 Tournament!” is overplayed. Not-good-enough coaches can have moments of success. Kevin Ollie won the National Title after all!

I think you would have a point if Prohm's tenure started in 17-18.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Success is measured by overall record, I agree with that. Your statement that he was handed a team that could go to the final four is stupid, considering the same team lost in the first round a year before. They also did go to the Sweet 16, I don't know how anyone in their right mind could consider a Sweet 16 that year a disappointment. It's happened like 4-5 times in Iowa State history?

We sucked last year, we sucked 3 year ago. Complain about that, that's fair game. Complaining about only making the sweet 16? That is dumb.

I'm glad he wasn't fired this off season. I think that is way too short of a leash and is a terrible look for trying to hire a new coach. If they suck again next year, I think it'll be the right time to let him go.

I agree with half your statements. He was handed a squad capable of a Final Four run is not stupid but they finished with 12 losses IIRC. That says a lot about maximizing talent too as a coach. Then you take away the guys he was gifted and check his record too. Next year will be a true testament to those who defend this coach. He will hopefully get us to the NIT next year.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I would be content to trade sucking for a while if it means we win a natty.
We’re left to fantasies now!

Sorry, all you get is a Big 12 title. Still trading?

I’m not. But I’m not sure we’re doomed to sucking. Land a couple surprises in the next few months, a staff change or two, and this can be turned around. Quickly imo.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008

Virginia lost to a 16 seed in the first round and won the national title the next year. I guess because they lost in the first round people saying they had a final 4 roster was just stupid.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
I agree with half your statements. He was handed a squad capable of a Final Four run is not stupid but they finished with 12 losses IIRC. That says a lot about maximizing talent too as a coach. Then you take away the guys he was gifted and check his record too. Next year will be a true testament to those who defend this coach. He will hopefully get us to the NIT next year.

The players bear no responsibility at all for those 12 losses, only Prohm? :confused:

Reactions: wgleason

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
12-20 wasn’t enough? Isn’t it possible they want Prohm gone because he has already lost? And they think that’ll continue? Wanting ISU to win is why they want Prohm gone. If he’s still here they’ll root to be proven wrong in regards to future success under him.

It’s not complicated. Stop making it about you and your odd loyalty tests. Don’t worry, my friend, your faithful fandom will be rewarded soon! Cat Stevens jersey in the rafters right next to our 2021-22 Final Four banner! Prohm will embrace you before Katie!

Then you’re saying if he wins 25 games this year, that won’t be enough either.

because he will be the coach here next year, in whatever form of a season it is.

So, if he wins, then that is the opposite of what you actually want, because is will extend his tenure.

arobb

Jan 4, 2014
I don’t understand why you guys just can’t be honest.

If you all want prohm gone, as badly as you all do, then you have to admit you want to see Iowa State lose
Conversely, we actually want to see Iowa State win. That's why we want Prohm gone.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
The players bear no responsibility at all for those 12 losses, only Prohm? :confused:
Another dumb comment, lets just continue to keep Prohm going forward and never hold him accountable for his guys he recruits, get suspended, his transfers in and out etc etc etc. Hes responsible for it all....your players dont execute? Guess who is responsible making millions....

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron