DeAndre Kane - L.A.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
Um no. Even if Nash is better right now skill wise, his age and injury prone body will lead just being on the team.

Marshall, maybe. I just haven't seen much from Marshall to tell me the Lakers want to stick with him long term. Them drafting a PG would point to that as well. Marshall put up some solid stats but the Lakers were generally getting destroyed so most of his points (8 PPG) came in garbage time and his assists too (8 APG).

So let me guess, you also believe that Diante will start over Kyle Lowry(even though he is going to be cut), Royce will start over Boogie Cousins, Ejim will get more playing time than Leonard, Babb will start and get 30+ min for the Celtics and Stevie Johnson will leave Euro ball and be the MVP of the NBA next season too??

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Lin is still better than Kane, but Lin is still massively overrated in my mind. It does make some sense for L.A. to take him with what others have explained. We will see if Kane beats out Kendall Marshall. That won't be easy.

Who is overrating Lin? Are there people out there arguing that he's anything more than a third guard on a decent team?

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
So let me guess, you also believe that Diante will start over Kyle Lowry(even though he is going to be cut), Royce will start over Boogie Cousins, Ejim will get more playing time than Leonard, Babb will start and get 30+ min for the Celtics and Stevie Johnson will leave Euro ball and be the MVP of the NBA next season too??

Definitely.

you done being a pessimist for a second? I'm not the only one who thinks Kane could've started for the Lakers before Lin. Lakers fans, who watch Lakers games, have said this. They know more than I do and more than you do.

Get off that high horse for a second.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

Yeah they're really overrating Lin in the article there LOL:

The Lakers were amenable to this deal, according to sources, because Lin is only under contract for one more season, thus preserving their cap space next summer. They also covet draft picks, after trading away their first-round picks in 2015 and 2017

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
Kane is better than Marshall. Nash hasn't been good for 3 years. He might not even play a game this year. Lin is really the only thing standing in the way of Kane making the roster. It's going to be Marshall vs. Kane for the 3rd PG spot and I EXPECT Kane to win. (the Lakers can't dump Nash's contract. Otherwise they would.)

Kane is not better than Marshall. That's silly talk. Marshall averaged over 8 assists a game as a starter on a team sorely lacking talent. Marshall was also a first round draft pick. There is absolutely no way Marshall gets cut for Kane.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Yeah they're really overrating Lin in the article there LOL:

The Lakers were amenable to this deal, according to sources, because Lin is only under contract for one more season, thus preserving their cap space next summer. They also covet draft picks, after trading away their first-round picks in 2015 and 2017
Then you have analysts on TV all afternoon saying how huge this is for L.A. and how they have a star to go along with Kobe.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
Definitely.

you done being a pessimist for a second? I'm not the only one who thinks Kane could've started for the Lakers before Lin. Lakers fans, who watch Lakers games, have said this. They know more than I do and more than you do.

Get off that high horse for a second.

Pessimist or realist? And because I am not a Lakers fan I have zero clue?? That may be the worst point to an argument I have ever seen.