**** daylight savings

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
My dog woke up, ran into the kids room, and silently took a piss.

This change is tough on all of us.

Also, anyone need a dog?
At least cats use the litter box. OTOH...when they jump up and down on your bladder and demand to be fed at THEIR normal feeding time...

Anyone want some cats?

• Funny
Reactions: cyclones500

CyCoug

Sep 19, 2021
I think they should outlaw this days getting longer and shorter bull crap. Every day and every night should be 12 hours long - no more and no less. Don't they realize how having short little days with little daylight in the winter screws with people's mental health? Don't they realize how having ridiculously long days with tons of daylight screws with people's sleep?

mad-as-hell-the-network.gif
I think you should look into a real estate investment in places like Ecuador or Equatorial Guinea.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Staying up on the weekends = the sun's position in the sky changing by an hour, instantly.
LOL, don't say anything more, you've said too much already.
Actually, it's the same exact thing. Why does a number on a clock matter to your circadian rhythm? It doesn't, the relative duration and timing of your sleep patterns matter more and adjusting them by an hour or more every weekend is no less "stressful". And the sun's position is "instantly" an hour different in the sky anytime you adjust your sleep schedule an hour. Before clocks were invented, people got up and started working to survive when the sun came up and went to bed when it got dark making daylight adjustments naturally. Honestly most people's natural time clocks are closer to 25 to 26 hours not 24. It was found by putting people in a totally dark environment and allowing them to decide when to turn on the lights and wake up and when to go to bed without any clocks or indications of day/night.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Actually, it's the same exact thing. Why does a number on a clock matter to your circadian rhythm? It doesn't, the relative duration and timing of your sleep patterns matter more and adjusting them by an hour or more every weekend is no less "stressful". And the sun's position is "instantly" an hour different in the sky anytime you adjust your sleep schedule an hour. Before clocks were invented, people got up and started working to survive when the sun came up and went to bed when it got dark making daylight adjustments naturally. Honestly most people's natural time clocks are closer to 25 to 26 hours not 24. It was found by putting people in a totally dark environment and allowing them to decide when to turn on the lights and wake up and when to go to bed without any clocks or indications of day/night.

There was a period where I didn't wear a watch, but I could consistently tell the time within a small window.

The clock. The watch. It's an albatross. Break free, CF!!! Let's burn our bras and junk our watches!

Reactions: CyCoug

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron