Cyclone Wrestling Twitter

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Is there a reason that this kind of serious effort was necessary? Has MJ or Casey been dogging it lately? I highly doubt it.

I’m not liking this.
No, but we haven’t set the world on fire the last couple years at big 12s. I don’t mind Dresser trying something different. We’ll see how it plays out in Tulsa

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
I don’t think a match against a teammate or practice partner means much. Hopefully our backup are getting better & pushing our starters. I would be more disappointed if our starters tech falled all of our backups
I don’t think it means anything in terms of win/loss. But not sure how it would impact the psyche.

Anyway, nice explanation by @Cyclone Pfan . I’ve never heard of this being done before, but let’s see how it plays out.

iastatefan1

Jan 24, 2016
So any chance Perryman is our guy for big12s? What was the score? Let the best guy wrestle.

Also, glad to see Jacob is back and healthy. He’s going to be a big contributor moving forward.
The whole thing is kind of strange. Who is the guy at 125? Why was big frost at 149 even competitive with Casey? And I haven't heard anything about rojas all year who is one of our bigger recruits. I for one am going to take the perspective of our backups are coming along and forget this even happened.

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
The whole thing is kind of strange. Who is the guy at 125? Why was big frost at 149 even competitive with Casey? And I haven't heard anything about rojas all year who is one of our bigger recruits. I for one am going to take the perspective of our backups are coming along and forget this even happened.

I think your last sentence is the only real takeaway here. I don’t feel the need to worry about Casey or MJ. They’re good. We’ve seen them be good for months. One close match/loss to a teammate they wrestle all the time isn’t a huge deal.

125 is weird, but that’s par for the course this year.

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
I agree with CN5. I'm a proponent of letting the best guy go but our starters were the best guys early in the year and have earned the spots. Even Kysen should get to finish out the season imo. I hope this lights a fire under our guys and they dominate Big 12s.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
My take is I’m excited Rojas and Jacob are back heathy. Both were dealing with the same type of knee issue so that’s reassuring they’ve made a recovery and learned something in the process. I always like having good depth and these guys should be pushing to start.

MJ is a pinner and will score points for us at Nationals. But coaches know best and they need to put in whoever they feel is best at 125. If we can get 2-3 points at nationals from that weight that could be the difference in a team trophy or not! That’s 1 or 2 pins on the backside

Reactions: stuclone

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
Does anyone know how much of a cut MJ has this year? Any likelihood he goes to 184 next yr?

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
One thing we don't know (or I don't know), did the backup have to make weight or was he fat and jolly? I think Dresser said the starters were going to have to make weight on the same timeline as the tournament, so a 1 or 2 hour weighin.

Last edited:

G-imJustafan

Sep 9, 2022
Even Kysen should get to finish out the season imo.
respectfully disagree - Perryman should be in at 125 for big 12's

I know it's a hard thing to sit him esp. as senior but he has been a roller coaster and had had off mat issues (minor) but still a distraction.

we need all the points we can muster on March 9 & 10

cywr89

May 14, 2009
respectfully disagree - Perryman should be in at 125 for big 12's

I know it's a hard thing to sit him esp. as senior but he has been a roller coaster and had had off mat issues (minor) but still a distraction.

we need all the points we can muster on March 9 & 10
KT is better than Perryman. That’s why he will wrestle. I assume this comment is target to the match that occurred this past weekend which means nothing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron