Craig McDonald transferring

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Yikes! They grabbed him for depth and if he starts will have recruited over him shortly.

having said that, wish him all the best. Disappointed, as he was a Mn kid.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I hate the money aspects in a lot.of transfer talks but this has to be one of them.
Auburn today is not better than Iowa State and their coach is a dead man walking and ours possibly turned down USC.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
I hate the money aspects in a lot.of transfer talks but this has to be one of them.
Auburn today is not better than Iowa State and their coach is a dead man walking and ours possibly turned down USC.
You mean the Auburn that has more national championships than isu has 10 win seasons? The Auburn who has been to 2 national championship games in the 12 years? They might be a rough patch, but let's not get too silly about Auburn being a step down..... And i hate Auburn.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Hard to understand. Would’ve been a starter here, from Minnesota and family can easily watch him play. But maybe it’s not so hard $$$
Maybe. Freyler and Johnson were going to take two spots. Verdon sounds like a stud too. I'd give McDonald the edge over him, but I don't think it was a guarantee he was going to start.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
You mean the Auburn that has more national championships than isu has 10 win seasons? The Auburn who has been to 2 national championship games in the 12 years? They might be a rough patch, but let's not get too silly about Auburn being a step down..... And i hate Auburn.

He didn't say they were a step down.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I thought we were talking about the Auburn that bought our 3rd or 4th safety.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I said today. I think ISU is better today. Not historically and not next year but today.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Get used to it. It's going to be like the Great Resignation every year in College Basketball.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
The Auburn who paid Cam Newtons Dad( wait, a "donation" to his church) $250,000. The Auburn who hired Czicek and Leath away from ISU?:p

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Lmao the other players covering for him saying it’s not about the money…goes to an SEC school lollll
It's not just any SEC school, it is Auburn, they have been paying players for 40 years. Tommy Bowden got there and saw what was going on with their good ole boy booster network and tried to put an end to it. He should have known better than to fk with their little recruiting scheme that had going, they canned his @ss. That is why Chiz got hired there, they knew he knew the deal there, they knew they could trust him to look the other way. Plus, Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel did a segment where the interviewed former recruits, talked about the cash handshakes. Those same recruits also said Ohio State and LSU boosters were doing it too.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
40 years ago when the head hunter called and offered +50% over my Marshalltown salary, I took the money. Didn't think twice.
30 years ago when I was offered +72% to move to Waterloo, I turned it down. Never looked back . . . . much.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
My favorite message board moment was when this douche bag LB from Texas decommitted from us at the last minute to go to Baylor. I kid you not, his dad came on the board to lecture us that we can’t blame the kid and that he had to do it because god told him to.

Seriously. Religious freaks are hilarious. What a conventions way to absolve yourself of any personal responsibility.
Sooo you're saying God didn't tell him to transfer?