Cord cutting options

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Hulu adding unlimited DVR is a game-changer. Hulu Plus Live, Disney+, ESPN+ with unlimited DVR for $70 is an almost unbeatable value.

This isn't that big of deal but a nice feature that they have is the playlist option. I could see using that when traveling.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
This isn't that big of deal but a nice feature that they have is the playlist option. I could see using that when traveling.

It makes the playing field more even when deciding between YTTV and Hulu. I keep turning YTTV on hoping I get the beta of the new programming guide! That would be a nice surprise!

Reactions: dmclone

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
It makes the playing field more even when deciding between YTTV and Hulu. I keep turning YTTV on hoping I get the beta of the new programming guide! That would be a nice surprise!
When you consider that for $5 more with Hulu you also get their entire on-demand library, Disney+ and ESPN+ it's a damn good deal.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloneG

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
I just signed up for Hulu LiveTV.

I still have a email under my parents cable provider that allowed me to stream FOX/ESPN/sports. They did some bill trimming in retirement, and cut most of their cable channels, I no longer have that option...tear.

I chose Hulu because we already do Disney+ and AmEx has an offer for $7 monthly bill credit, to any of the Hulu/Disney/ESPN+ over 13.99.

Just sharing the kNowledge

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
Bumping this thread.

Can I add two friends at different homes to my YouTube TV subscription for the same cost?

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Bumping this thread.

Can I add two friends at different homes to my YouTube TV subscription for the same cost?

Yes, for now anyways. Probably need to add the 4K package to get more screens away from home. We have our mom on our plan and it works just fine. We do live in the same TV market, so I don’t know how well it works if you don’t.

Edit: It works well to add them as a family member to give them their own login and live guide and such.

Reactions: urb1

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Is there any way to stream MLB games including those games of teams in my home market? I would love to drop DirectTv and move to streaming full time, but I am not willing to give up my Cardinal games, even if they do suck this year. I would be willing to pay for the MLB package, but only if I am not going to be blacked out on Cardinal games.

We have had the NFL package for years, and with the switch over to YouTube I signed up the first week, and I watched the pregame for the Chiefs, and when the game started, the bastards blacked me out. Now I found the game on KCCI, but that never happened on the Sunday Ticket on direct. Makes me wonder if I just wasted the money when most of the Chiefs games are going to be shown in our market.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Is there any way to stream MLB games including those games of teams in my home market? I would love to drop DirectTv and move to streaming full time, but I am not willing to give up my Cardinal games, even if they do suck this year. I would be willing to pay for the MLB package, but only if I am not going to be blacked out on Cardinal games.

We have had the NFL package for years, and with the switch over to YouTube I signed up the first week, and I watched the pregame for the Chiefs, and when the game started, the bastards blacked me out. Now I found the game on KCCI, but that never happened on the Sunday Ticket on direct. Makes me wonder if I just wasted the money when most of the Chiefs games are going to be shown in our market.
Not sure if it is same where you live, but I have FUBO plus Regional Sports Package. For $15 the package provides Marquee and Bally regional sports channels.

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Bumping this thread.

Yes, but you can only stream three screens at any time, and mobile devices count as two.

dawgpound

Retired Billy the Barnstormer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2011
Des Moines, iowa
Yes, but you can only stream three screens at any time, and mobile devices count as two.
I share with my in laws. To get around this at least for sports, I utilize the apps of each with the login (ESPN, FoxSports, etc), seems to not be an issue then especially since I have multiple screens going at once.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

Help Support Us

Become a patron