Condit

isualums

Jan 9, 2018
Does anyone remember when Bob knight was at Indiana. He would have one player (pat knight did it when he played) that would would just run around and set picks. No interest in posting up consistently or doing much of anything offensively other than possibly rolling to the basket. Watch the last 2 ISU games and you see the same thing with condit. It took him 8 offensive possessions last game before he posted up once. When he did he scored easily. His offensive post play is non existent. Is this prohm's strategy?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Does anyone remember when Bob knight was at Indiana. He would have one player (pat knight did it when he played) that would would just run around and set picks. No interest in posting up consistently or doing much of anything offensively other than possibly rolling to the basket. Watch the last 2 ISU games and you see the same thing with condit. It took him 8 offensive possessions last game before he posted up once. When he did he scored easily. His offensive post play is non existent. Is this prohm's strategy?

For sure.

Reactions: Kurttr

isualums

Jan 9, 2018
I would just like to see him post up most possessions. He seems to score easily when he does. Just too many wasted possessions running around at the 3 point line setting picks for our guards that cant make a 3.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

**** Bobby Knight. Is that ******* dead yet?

• Dislike
Reactions: CloneFan4

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Posting a guy up that isn’t like a 70% FG guy is a great way to stagnate an offense. It’s one thing if you know the guy is an automatic bucket when he gets to a certain spot. I don’t think Conditt is that guy right now.

isualums

Jan 9, 2018
I just think Conditt has a lot more to offer posting up and flashing to the ball near the block then running around the 3 point line setting picks for guards shooting less than 25% from three. I bet he scores 50+% of the time when he gets the ball near the block. Just watch next game. When I pointed this out to the people sitting next to me the last 2 games they agreed with me.

Reactions: HouClone

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
People pretend that prohm coached up NBA caliber guards and that he’s some kind of guru. I would argue he doesn’t do much coaching and their individual development takes them there. Regardless he has been complete dog crap with Iowa state bigs that didn’t already know how to hoiball. The flow of the offense says everything you need to know. with the personnel we have there is no reason to not have a paint touch on the majority of our possessions. Yet bad shooters are chucking threes and not really setting up any kind of offense, that’s coaching.