[Commitment Watch] TJ Bollers

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
A we play a 3-4 also, may differ a little bit but if you don’t think we could make Bollers successful in our scheme you are lying to yourself. Just another Iowa kid not choosing ISU during one of our best runs in football in school history.

Who cares about the kids that dont want to be a part of what Campbell is doing here. Focus on the one's that do want to be a part of it. We wont play Bollers ever unless it's a bowl game, so best of luck to him. Next man up.

Reactions: ajspatio19

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
A we play a 3-4 also, may differ a little bit but if you don’t think we could make Bollers successful in our scheme you are lying to yourself. Just another Iowa kid not choosing ISU during one of our best runs in football in school history.
Do you really think that we (ISU) don't want these kids? What's the action...fire the staff and hope to get one that recruits Iowa better? Campbell and staff will keep working the kids and then move on when they choose another school. Respect the kids decision...

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Do you really think that we (ISU) don't want these kids? What's the action...fire the staff and hope to get one that recruits Iowa better? Campbell and staff will keep working the kids and then move on when they choose another school. Respect the kids decision...
Absolutely Campbell and staff wanted him. That's not the point of my post. Look at our in-state recruiting (or recruiting overall), it is very concerning. We have won zero head-to-head battles with Iowa and the one guy we had a good shot with just committed to Wisconsin. I follow recruiting up and down and this year's class and lack of other offers for the commitments is a huge concern.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Absolutely Campbell and staff wanted him. That's not the point of my post. Look at our in-state recruiting (or recruiting overall), it is very concerning. We have won zero head-to-head battles with Iowa and the one guy we had a good shot with just committed to Wisconsin. I follow recruiting up and down and this year's class and lack of other offers for the commitments is a huge concern.

Fire em all.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
The current meltdown in Iowa City is a huge bump for ISU's instate recruiting. Wouldn't be surprised to see some of their commits flip in the coming months.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

I feel a lot better about our in state recruiting moving forward in the next class and beyond

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
I agree with this post. I think our recruiting in general is good, but I am confused why with our recent success we haven't won at least a few of the highest profile recruits in our state. I know the old verbiage of "they were lifelong Hawkeye fans" still somewhat holds up, but I figured we would have swayed a few the other way over the past years.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
We could have access to 0 in state recruits and Campbell would still find a way to win and I would be just as much of a die hard if the whole roster was made up of out of state kids.

This obsession with Iowa kids is getting to weird levels. I guess people need something to go searching for to ***** about when the staff has led us down 3 of the greatest years in Iowa State football history

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
We could have access to 0 in state recruits and Campbell would still find a way to win and I would be just as much of a die hard if the whole roster was made up of out of state kids.

This obsession with Iowa kids is getting to weird levels. I guess people need something to go searching for to ***** about when the staff has led us down 3 of the greatest years in Iowa State football history
I also agree with this. Winning football is what I want. Good recruits are what gets us there (at least significantly helps), wherever they come from. I get somewhat frustrated when we loose out on highly rated recruits (which will happen) but it seems like we lose a lot more in our home state than we win.

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
I also agree with this. Winning football is what I want. Good recruits are what gets us there (at least significantly helps), wherever they come from. I get somewhat frustrated when we loose out on highly rated recruits (which will happen) but it seems like we lose a lot more in our home state than we win.
It is like when we lost a bunch of great in state basketball recruits to Kansas (LaFrenz, Collison, Hinrich) and North Carolina (Barnes and Paige). I understand losing some of them, but I felt like we should have gotten more of them than we did. It is not like all of those years we were bad either. Now I also understand that we probably would have had Collison and Hinrich if Floyd stayed, but it still frustrates me.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
The current meltdown in Iowa City is a huge bump for ISU's instate recruiting. Wouldn't be surprised to see some of their commits flip in the coming months.

Yeah, I doubt that happens. It is being spun that Iowa will be the change CFB really needs and is leading the way.....

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
We play nothing resembling a 3-4 defense....

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

And I’m so excited to live on that campus — to live in Madison, Wisconsin. It ranks as the No. 1 college football town in America for a reason. I’m a super outdoorsy guy. I love to climb trees, I love to fish and I love lakes. And on campus, there’s a student union that’s on a lake, where everybody hangs out, where there are walking trails and fishing spots. It is so nice.

As he reads this article, I can only imagine that Campbell is probably furious at himself for not selling Bollers on the wonders of Lake Laverne.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls

How long has Wisconsin been pretty good? Going on 3 decades, how long have we been good? Going on 3 years. There is a difference no matter what you think. It would have been nice to land him but it’s not like we weren’t right there in the running.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
And I’m so excited to live on that campus — to live in Madison, Wisconsin. It ranks as the No. 1 college football town in America for a reason. I’m a super outdoorsy guy. I love to climb trees, I love to fish and I love lakes. And on campus, there’s a student union that’s on a lake, where everybody hangs out, where there are walking trails and fishing spots. It is so nice.

As he reads this article, I can only imagine that Campbell is probably furious at himself for not selling Bollers on the wonders of Lake Laverne.

Cant argue with all of that. UW-Madison is a cool campus/college town. I’ve had a couple epic Halloween disasters up there.

Reactions: Halincandenza

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI

I went to Iowa State and live in the Madison suburbs now and can't argue with his logic. The union on the lake is amazing. Can't beat a few pitchers of Spotted Cow hanging out there. Madison is an amazing campus/college city.

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
I went to Iowa State and live in the Madison suburbs now and can't argue with his logic. The union on the lake is amazing. Can't beat a few pitchers of Spotted Cow hanging out there. Madison is an amazing campus/college city.
Probably an un-popular opinion here, but I think Spotted Cow is way overrated. It is just an average beer to me.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron