[Commitment Watch] '22 4 star DE Mario Eugenio

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I spent 2 years in CBus for grad school. I understand the disdain for *ichigan in that city.

I lived in Columbus for a little over 2 years after college. The obsession with Michigan was startling. And the inferiority complex was pretty funny, they so wanted the city to be thought of on the same level as Chicago. This was mid- late-90s, things may have changed. The Short North was pretty cool.

Reactions: aauummm

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I lived in Columbus for a little over 2 years after college. The obsession with Michigan was startling. And the inferiority complex was pretty funny, they so wanted the city to be thought of on the same level as Chicago. This was mid- late-90s, things may have changed. The Short North was pretty cool.

Think we’ve given up on Chicago and have just moved on to the low hanging fruit of the other Ohio C-cities.

Reactions: Peter

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL

Sold my OSU-UM ticket in 2011 to head home for thanksgiving giving and catch a game in Ames. Buckeyes lost that day but each program has gone in opposite directions since.

Objectively I don’t see Michigan being anything of the powerhouse they once were, but definitely could turn it around easily with the right coach. Hopefully that won’t ever be Campbell.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Think we’ve given up on Chicago and have just moved on to the low hanging fruit of the other Ohio C-cities.
I never heard anyone from CBus compare the city to Chicago, maybe Indy. Concerning other cities in Ohio, CBus has blown past those cities.

Reactions: tolfbfan

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I never heard anyone from CBus compare the city to Chicago, maybe Indy. Concerning other cities in Ohio, CBus has blown past those cities.

I'd hear people complain why Columbus wasn't as highly regarded as a city like Chicago. It was kind of a "Columbus is a world-class city and nobody seems to realize it" kind of thing.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
I am a Midwestern Buckeye born and raised in The Great State of Ohio. I have never, until today, heard any Ohioan want Columbus to be like Chicago, or even care about Chicago. I have visited Chicago many times and after two-three days am pretty happy to get back into my car and head to Ohio. Nice for short visits, but would be a a **** hole place to live. Just my country bumkin opinion. No one even says hi......what the hale!

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I'd hear people complain why Columbus wasn't as highly regarded as a city like Chicago. It was kind of a "Columbus is a world-class city and nobody seems to realize it" kind of thing.

Ive heard this a little bit but mostly on Reddit. I hear more of “why can’t we be Nashville and a lot of Indy comparisons (there is no comparison Indy is a trashhole imo)”

also there’s a little Austin rivalry thing going since #SavetheCrew.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Fastest growing Midwest city in the last census. Averaging 66 new people a day, I would say people are realizing it now.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Ive heard this a little bit but mostly on Reddit. I hear more of “why can’t we be Nashville and a lot of Indy comparisons (there is no comparison Indy is a trashhole imo)”

also there’s a little Austin rivalry thing going since #SavetheCrew.
Very few places can beat Nashville. You're correct, Indy is a dump.

Reactions: chadly82

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Very few places can beat Nashville. You're correct, Indy is a dump.

I think the Nashville thing is more about how many skyscrapers they have going and how many mega cranes they have up compared to CBus. CBus is like Des Moines seems like nothing “gets off the ground” very easily.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I am a Midwestern Buckeye born and raised in The Great State of Ohio. I have never, until today, heard any Ohioan want Columbus to be like Chicago, or even care about Chicago. I have visited Chicago many times and after two-three days am pretty happy to get back into my car and head to Ohio. Nice for short visits, but would be a a **** hole place to live. Just my country bumkin opinion. No one even says hi......what the hale!

Lived in Chicago for several years and loved it. This was when we were in our mid-20s and mostly before kids, but it was some pretty amazing times.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Lived in Chicago for several years and loved it. This was when we were in our mid-20s and mostly before kids, but it was some pretty amazing times.

Going out late night in some spots feels like Gotham City even more than NYC. NYC is way too happy to be Gotham. Chicago is the real Gotham.

Reactions: Peter

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I think the Nashville thing is more about how many skyscrapers they have going and how many mega cranes they have up compared to CBus. CBus is like Des Moines seems like nothing “gets off the ground” very easily.

Yeah didn't mean it to be a bash on Columbus, that's just a sense I got from people when I lived there. Not a bad city. But I'd be willing to bet that, for most, Columbus is the third city that comes to mind when people hear "Ohio".