[Commitment Watch] '22 4 star DE Mario Eugenio

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Same thing the other teams are saying about Campbell...
There's a difference. A small minority of Michigan fans want Harbuagh.

100% of ISU fans would give campbell a liftetime deal, he has turned down the NFL twice, and turned down multiple power 5 offers like Florida State.

Matt Campbell is not leaving folks. He has a powerful program BUILT right now, not under construction, but finished and ready to party.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
There's a difference. A small minority of Michigan fans want Harbuagh.

100% of ISU fans would give campbell a liftetime deal, he has turned down the NFL twice, and turned down multiple power 5 offers like Florida State.

Matt Campbell is not leaving folks. He has a powerful program BUILT right now, not under construction, but finished and ready to party.

Eh. I don't know about all that. I think he's just smart about waiting for the right opportunity. Michigan, like so many others, has unreasonable expectations. He was given carte blanche and a long leash here.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
No shot in hell Harbaugh is there in 3 years. Would not go there if I was a recruit.

Jim Harbaugh has won 10 games in a season at Michigan 3 times. Iowa State has never won 10 games in a season.

Do you people just forget what the national perception of these 2 programs is for fun? Recruits will pick Michigan over us 99.9999% of the time regardless of who the head coach is.

zcecsch

Feb 6, 2021
Jim Harbaugh has won 10 games in a season at Michigan 3 times. Iowa State has never won 10 games in a season.

Do you people just forget what the national perception of these 2 programs is for fun? Recruits will pick Michigan over us 99.9999% of the time regardless of who the head coach is.

Yeah but Harbaugh is some scrub who can't even make his conference championship game, unlike the total chad Matt Campbell!

• Haha
Reactions: ribsnwhiskey

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames

One point to consider is that our perceptions are not necessarily shared by the kids being recruited today. OSU has owned Michigan since these kids were in diapers, going 15-1 since they've been alive, with UM's last win coming in 2011.

As for Harbaugh, in two of those 10 win seasons, they only finished 3rd in their division. Some will remember his time with the 49ers, and maybe even a few Stanford. But their memory of him is not the same as ours.

Still a good program with a storied past, but far from it's glory days. They're kind of like Nebraska was during the Solich/Pelini eras.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

I agree with your point but the 10 win thing is stupid. Last year we win 11 games minimum if we had a full schedule

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Maybe he knows Campbell to Michigan when Harbaugh is fired. Win, win for this kid.

I don't know why so many people are convinced that is an absolute. Nothing about CMC's approach screams I want a blue blood job. Yes, I get that he has upper Midwest ties but other than that what would be his draw to Michigan? He's a program/process guy and that is tough to do at a school like Michigan.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I don't know why so many people are convinced that is an absolute. Nothing about CMC's approach screams I want a blue blood job. Yes, I get that he has upper Midwest ties but other than that what would be his draw to Michigan? He's a program/process guy and that is tough to do at a school like Michigan.
It was mostly tongue-in-cheek...
But to your point, yes Campbell is a lot about program/process, but he also wants to compete and win on the highest level. Michigan, or a school like them, gives him a chance to raise the bar.

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
But to your point, yes Campbell is a lot about program/process, but he also wants to compete and win on the highest level. Michigan, or a school like them, gives him a chance to raise the bar.
He's going to raise the bar at ISU!!!!!:D to the highest levels. F*** Michigan.....and while your at it, F*** Cal-Berkeley, but since were Iowa Staters, do it nice!.

Last edited:

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Last season with a week to go ISU was 6th in the BCS rankings. He has his chance to raise the bar right here, right now.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com

If Campbell can't figure out how to beat Iowa, I doubt he'll have much luck beating a Buckeye juggernaut. Something to chew on.

I think he's holding out for Notre Dame or the Browns anyways.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I agree with your point but the 10 win thing is stupid. Last year we win 11 games minimum if we had a full schedule
I'll remember how stupid it is when we do it this year and people lose their minds (rightly so).

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Bit of an exaggeration.